Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I personally do not think they are 'switching them out'

Oasis will do a winter season of PC eastern and western. She is moved to PC as Harmony arrives not due to the fact that Freedom arrives.

Freedom at PE during the winter is not an Oasis Class replacement, but a seasonal market ship. She will not be doing 7 night Eastern and Western during this season per the press release.

They do have 2 choices then for next years deployment.

They can send a PE Oasis Class to Europe and leave Freedom there and then she becomes an Oasis replacement.

Alternatively, they can send the PC Oasis class ship to Europe and then have Freedom take her usual summer PC role where she does PC Eastern and Western sailings.

The press release states:

‘Out-of-this-world’ Caribbean Vacations from Florida’s Space Coast

•Freedom of the Seas will continue alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries during the summer 2016, and then reposition to Port Everglades for its new winter season.

•For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas will inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary.

For RCI, annual deployment from April to April is divided into summer and winter. They refer to the Freedom deployment for the winter season only.

They refer to Oasis for PC winter 2016-17 only.

They referred to several other ships including Allure having year round deployment.

They can most certainly extend these deployments, but have only confirmed seasonal deployments so far.

Deployments past April 2017 will only be absolutely confirmed in next years deployments and not this years.

You seem to be reading to much into it

They don't say year round for Oasis and Freedom because they both are moving during 2016. Allure should spend all of 2016 in PE

I personally do not think they are 'switching them out'

Oasis will do a winter season of PC eastern and western. She is moved to PC as Harmony arrives not due to the fact that Freedom arrives.

Freedom at PE during the winter is not an Oasis Class replacement, but a seasonal market ship. She will not be doing 7 night Eastern and Western during this season per the press release.

They do have 2 choices then for next years deployment.

They can send a PE Oasis Class to Europe and leave Freedom there and then she becomes an Oasis replacement.

Alternatively, they can send the PC Oasis class ship to Europe and then have Freedom take her usual summer PC role where she does PC Eastern and Western sailings.

I'm of the opinion that an Oasis class ship is now in PC permanently. With the new terminal that was just opened I be

I've that Royal had to commit to an increased number of passengers per year. The only way they will achieve that is to keep an Oasis class ship there year round.

FR and OA's 2017-2018 itineraries may not be known until next year at this time.

Yes. That would most certainly be the case. Deployments, while somewhat repetitive, are always only from April of one year until April of the following year.

They are only deploying ships for summer 2016 and then winter 2016-17 at this time and anything past that will only be confirmed next year.

I'm of the opinion that an Oasis class ship is now in PC permanently. With the new terminal that was just opened I be

I've that Royal had to commit to an increased number of passengers per year. The only way they will achieve that is to keep an Oasis class ship there year round.

That may well be the case, but we are only discussing the 2016-17 deployment here.

I am of the opinion that the 3 Oasis class deployment in Florida will only be seasonal until the arrival of Oasis 4 in 2018 as they will seasonally always have one at Barcelona now from April to October.

I personally feel that PE will be a year round Oasis Class 2 ship port with the fantastic Oasis Class Terminal 18 and that PC will be a seasonal 1 Oasis class port until that time.

And until the cruises are open for sale, it will always only be an opinion.

You seem to be reading to much into it

They don't say year round for Oasis and Freedom because they both are moving during 2016. Allure should spend all of 2016 in PE

That very well might be, but you can see in the text that only seasonal deployment has currently been confirmed in the press release and nothing more. It will be interesting to see how it develops, but we will not know for about a year, so I am not going to be too concerned about it.

That may well be the case, but we are only discussing the 2016-17 deployment here.

I am of the opinion that the 3 Oasis class deployment in Florida will only be seasonal until the arrival of Oasis 4 in 2018 as they will seasonally always have one at Barcelona now from April to October.

I personally feel that PE will be a year round Oasis Class 2 ship port with the fantastic Oasis Class Terminal 18 and that PC will be a seasonal 1 Oasis class port until that time.

And until the cruises are open for sale, it will always only be an opinion.

PC now has an Oasis class terminal as well, it may even be better once completed. Time will tell

What do you think has changed from when Indy was there? Do you think there is even more demand than before they pulled her out and put her in the Caribbean?

The issue with the Indy in UK market in winter was that she's not well suited to cool/wet weather cruising. The design of the Q class are PERFECT for this type of cruise market - enclosed solarium, enclosed main pool, large seaplex multi-use activity space, two70, Music hall, dining options well suited to UK market etc. The RCCL brand is very strong in the UK and I think having a Q class ship there year-round would work well.

Regardless of home-port RCCL/X really need a year-round presence in Europe going forward.

Edited by scottamiller

Canada detailed deployment will be released on March 11th.

They have only stated that they have

Serenade on 7 night Boston sailings that would not make it to Quebec City.

They then have stated that they have 9 night Canada sailings on Grandeur from Baltimore and then 9 night sailings to Canada from Bayonne on Anthem.

I am not sure that the 9 night sailings do not allow them to get all the way to Quebec City or not.

The scheduling for both Grandeur and Anthem at the port of Portland ME then contradicts there own press release a little as they have booked the ships there on 14 night cycles which does not make perfect sense.

I am hopeful for a Quebec City port because that would be the only chance of sailing to St. John's (which I'm hoping they will resume for 2016).

The issue with the Indy in UK market in winter was that she's not well suited to cool/wet weather cruising. The design of the Q class are PERFECT for this type of cruise market - enclosed solarium, enclosed main pool, large seaplex multi-use activity space, two70, Music hall, dining options well suited to UK market etc. The RCCL brand is very strong in the UK and I think having a Q class ship there year-round would work well.

Regardless of home-port RCCL/X really need a year-round presence in Europe going forward.

Yes it would really surprise me for RCCL to go back to Indy (even if she is popular here in the UK) after having Q class seasons. They've really been driving forward Anthem with Marketing/etc (as you would with a new ship) but given the other lines are positioning some of their newest ships in the UK Royal needs to stay top of their game going forward.

I agree though, a year round presence is needed in the UK.

Yes it would really surprise me for RCCL to go back to Indy (even if she is popular here in the UK) after having Q class seasons. They've really been driving forward Anthem with Marketing/etc (as you would with a new ship) but given the other lines are positioning some of their newest ships in the UK Royal needs to stay top of their game going forward.

I agree though, a year round presence is needed in the UK.

But than I wonder which ship should sail out of Southampton, if not Indy??? And where do you see Indy sailing in summer? The press release implies she will not sail Caribbean in summer period! ☺️

Maybe Indy and Ovation from Southampton, Navi from Harwich?

Sadly not. :( SERENADE is going to do the 7 night trips out of Boston, no Quebec.

I just can hope that another ship takes over those itineraries and will ne announced later.

Would be very disappointed if those cruises were dropped!! 😡

Oops sorry....guess I read to quickly :o

That very well might be, but you can see in the text that only seasonal deployment has currently been confirmed in the press release and nothing more. It will be interesting to see how it develops, but we will not know for about a year, so I am not going to be too concerned about it.

I do understand your point, but I do not think that the fact that they didn't announce year round deployment means that Oasis and Freedom won't be there year round. It could be as simple as them just wanting to make sure Oasis is successful before committing to a year round Oasis class ship.

I do understand your point, but I do not think that the fact that they didn't announce year round deployment means that Oasis and Freedom won't be there year round. It could be as simple as them just wanting to make sure Oasis is successful before committing to a year round Oasis class ship.

I guess I always saw Liberty and Indy as seasonal at PE. I have always seen Oasis and Allure as year round. The 5 year dry-dock cycle created this past two year pattern that did not exist prior.

Without Barcelona deployment or when Oasis 4 arrives, I see full year PC deployment for sure. I just think Barcelona has been so successful that they are not going to stop that growth and take into account competitive factors in south Florida as well.

We shall see. It really does not matter to me one way or the other actually. I am just happy they maintained full Florida deployment regardless of which ship.

Just got this email. If this isn't getting a lot of customers for 2015, since they're promoting it a lot. Could they resist on China/Global next year and just do more Caribbean like it appears?

FROM NEW YORK TO SHANGHAI.

BEYOND A CRUISE. A GLOBAL ODYSSEY.

Royal Caribbean is set to forever change the way the world cruises with the revolutionary Quantum of the Seas®, and now it's the world's chance to experience it. Setting sail on a journey from New York to Shanghai, this groundbreaking ship is bringing never-before-seen wows to four continents and incredible destinations – Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and many more. The Quantum Global Odyssey, a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

The new Quantum of the Seas® is setting sail for a global journey from New York to Shanghai, bringing never-before-seen WOWs to four continents and incredible destinations. A nearly two-month, epic journey around the world via the Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Arabian Gulf and Indian Ocean.

A one-time-only voyage. A once-in-a-lifetime WOW.

Vacationers can choose among five sailings or the complete experience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=may2014_quantum_global_odyssey&ecid=em_5716012&rid=591970117&emsc=RCIN_TA_QUANTUMGLOB_15_EA_CN_VH_RP_CS&empf=&emct=GOLD&lnkid=QN_ODYSSEY_LEARN_MORE

Edited by adjjb12

I don't think we will see a RCL ship year round in europe so soon. Due to the weather in winter the demand is not too high and the fares need to be heavily discounted to attract customers, where the yield is lower than on caribbean cruises.

Cruisecal dot com has a lot of the Caribbean itineraries loaded. There are blocks out for Europe on some ship. Not all are updated.

Great find. Also, the new eastern itineraries for Allure/Oasis from PE summer 2016 are...

St. Maarten, San Juan, & Labadee

Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Kitts

Grandeur's 9 night itineraries during the summer are King's Wharf overnight, and Nassau and CocoCay. She also has a few 9 night Canada/New England's throughout the summer.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Enchantment will move south right after Majesty leaves.

Oasis/Freedom swap happens around Halloween.

Allure has a nice 10-night Xmas/NY cruise.

I'd hate to see the price of that 10 night Allure cruise.:eek:

Looks like the last cruise on Oasis out of FLL is Oct 29'th. It's a 6 day going to Costa Maya, Cozumel and Nassau.

Great find. Also, the new eastern itineraries for Allure/Oasis from PE summer 2016 are...

Grandeur's 9 night itineraries during the summer are King's Wharf overnight, and Nassau and CocoCay. She also has a few 9 night Canada/New England's throughout the summer.

Pretty disappointed that they didn't add a fourth stop to either of these itineraries. It also looks like these itineraries are only for the summer and then they go back to the normal ones in the fall?

I'd hate to see the price of that 10 night Allure cruise.:eek:

Looks like the last cruise on Oasis out of FLL is Oct 29'th. It's a 6 day going to Costa Maya, Cozumel and Nassau.

See you onboard:D;)

Can anyone see the Oasis sailings from PC? I assume it will be the same Eastern as it is now?

Have you seen what the Anthem 9 night, 5 night Bermuda cruises look like?