Your Favorite Part Of Your Balcony

Tm100

My favorite thing to do on the balcony is to listen to the sound track from "Chariots of Fire". Such inspirational music to take in the magnificence of the ocean. Of course having coffee, a glass of wine, or a snack ranks up there too.

Sitting back and listening to the waves hitting against the ship.. Eating breakfast while enjoying the scenery.. Watching the stars at night.. Sipping on a Lava Flow.. Watching runners as we are leaving ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes...all of the above :)

We love sail away. We also love to be facing the port so we can watch the activity. Near sail away time from the port, we love yelling at those who ignored the messages of when you need to be back on the ship, telling them we're leaving without them. Watching them run is hysterical. We're one of many that do this.

1. Bubbly on the balcony at sail away (a tradition for us).

2. Great railing space without someone's elbow in your side during

views of the glacier on Alaska trips.

3. Getting away from the noise and crowds on deck (with no

chair hogs to worry about ;)).

4. Watching the DH walk out there at night to see the full

moon (I get to see two of them ;) :p).

Edited by island lady

My family likes to get 4 balconies in a row and have the dividers opened. It is a great way to socialize without having to knock on the individual doors to find everyone and see if they want to hang out. This will be our first time on Royal so I am hoping we will be able to do the same thing.

My family likes to get 4 balconies in a row and have the dividers opened. It is a great way to socialize without having to knock on the individual doors to find everyone and see if they want to hang out. This will be our first time on Royal so I am hoping we will be able to do the same thing.

What ship are you sailing on? Some classes gave dividers that can be opened with captains permission (almost always granted) while others have solid walls that physically cannot be.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

What ship are you sailing on? Some classes gave dividers that can be opened with captains permission (almost always granted) while others have solid walls that physically cannot be.

Ohh, I didn't realize that. I thought all the dividers could be opened.

So how about Allure of the Seas then? Deck 7 port-side.

Ohh, I didn't realize that. I thought all the dividers could be opened.

So how about Allure of the Seas then? Deck 7 port-side.

Oasis class balcony dividers can open. Quantum and Freedom class also. Voyager class depends on the ship, Explorer has solid steel walls as the balconies are built inside the hull. Not sure about other classes. Also, aft balconies can differ even on ships where side facing can open.

Edited by akcruz

1. Bubbly on the balcony at sail away (a tradition for us).

2. Great railing space without someone's elbow in your side during

views of the glacier on Alaska trips.

3. Getting away from the noise and crowds on deck (with no

chair hogs to worry about ;)).

4. Watching the DH walk out there at night to see the full

moon (I get to see two of them ;) :p).

I agree. It is nice walking out there and knowing there will be an empty chair to use without having to do a search. And though I often enjoy the people and "stuff" going on up on deck sometimes I do really appreciate the quiet of the balcony.

Oasis class balcony dividers can open. Quantum and Freedom class also. Voyager class depends on the ship, Explorer has solid steel walls as the balconies are built inside the hull. Not sure about other classes. Also, aft balconies can differ even on ships where side facing can open.

They cannot be opened on Voyager, Explorer, or Adventure. They do open on Navigator and Mariner. They also open on all of the Radiance class ships.

The dividers can be opened.

Great! Thanks!