Just a little rant about nothing, really...

Getting ready to take our annual cruise in January. I am starting to think that I just need to stay off these message boards! Now, I'm worried that 1. Park-N-Go in Ft Lauderdale is awful (I never got a response from the person that posted they were when I questioned their comment), 2. Embassy Suites has bedbugs, 3. the Serenade of the Seas is seemingly looking worn, right down to tattered MDR chairs, 4. the quality of MDR food fleetwide is awful, 5. even though I have the drink package--it seems I will be hard pressed to get a bartender to make me a drink, especially if I don't tip extra, 6. Diamonds and Pinnacles will look down on me because I don't share their status, 7. there won't be any freshly ground pepper on board, 8. my Balcony neighbors will smoke like a chimney with Royal refusing to do anything, 9. the previous occupant of my balcony room will have spent every night sleeping my room's mattress, which he pulled out onto the balcony nightly, and 10. (something I conveniently forgot about)--I am going to be pestered about giving all "5's" on some dumb survey that I usually don't bother with anyway! Seriously, none of these things matter to me. However, I am disappointed that these message boards have evolved into a forum for members to voice complaints and bicker amongst each other. I will continue to weed through the drama, and I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions, and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...

Edited by Cruisin' Cats

Getting ready to take our annual cruise in January. I am starting to think that I just need to stay off these message boards! Now' date=' I'm worried that 1. Park-N-Go in Ft Lauderdale is awful (I never got a response from the person that posted they were when I questioned their comment), 2. Embassy Suites has bedbugs, 3. the Serenade of the Seas is seemingly looking worn, right down to tattered MDR chairs, 4. the quality of MDR food fleetwide is awful, 5. even though I have the drink package--it seems I will be hard pressed to get a bartender to make me a drink, especially if I don't tip extra, 6. Diamonds and Pinnacles will look down on me because I don't share their status, 7. there won't be any freshly ground pepper on board, and 8. (something I conveniently forgot about)--I am going to be pestered about giving all "5's" on some dumb survey that I usually don't bother with anyway! Seriously, none of these things matter to me. However, I am disappointed that these message boards have evolved into a forum for members to voice complaints and bicker amongst each other. I will continue to weed through the drama, and I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions, and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...[/quote']

Are you kidding me? Park n Go is fantastic!!! the only place we park when we fly or cruise out of FLL which is alot. They are so prompt and nice. Get off the ship and they are there! I don't know what you have heard, but they are awesome!

Serenade it wonderful, one of our favorite ships

Are you just trying to find something to complain about??

We always have the drink pkg and never have an issue getting waited on. It is called BEING NICE to the staff, they appreciate a smile and hello. Do we tip, yes, but not always, still get great service as we talk to the staff and do not make them feel like servants

You are so full of it. We are D+and we have never looked down on anyone, we are all there to enjoy a cruise

Go and enjoy your cruise. Life is way to short to worry about the small stuff. For me, I am not cooking, cleaning or making my bed. I am happy!

Are you kidding me? Park n Go is fantastic!!! the only place we park when we fly or cruise out of FLL which is alot. They are so prompt and nice. Get off the ship and they are there! I don't know what you have heard, but they are awesome!

Serenade it wonderful, one of our favorite ships

Are you just trying to find something to complain about??

We always have the drink pkg and never have an issue getting waited on. It is called BEING NICE to the staff, they appreciate a smile and hello. Do we tip, yes, but not always, still get great service as we talk to the staff and do not make them feel like servants

You are so full of it. We are D+and we have never looked down on anyone, we are all there to enjoy a cruise

Go and enjoy your cruise. Life is way to short to worry about the small stuff. For me, I am not cooking, cleaning or making my bed. I am happy!

Lol, I completely agree! My comments were meant to be "tongue-in-cheek"... I've used Park-n-go twice, and was very happy, but it's been a couple of years ago. I appreciate your response regarding them. I've never had the drink package, but I am very excited to surprise my husband at Christmas--he has no idea we have it. We love Royal, but I find it crazy how many things people come here to voice complaints about. I really do miss the days when these boards existed to make friendships prior to the cruise.

Edited by Cruisin' Cats

Lol' date=' I completely agree! My comments were meant to be "tongue in check"... I've used Park-n-go twice, and was very happy, but it's been a couple of years ago. I appreciate your response regarding them. I've never had the drink package, but I am very excited to surprise my husband at Christmas--he has no idea we have it. We love Royal, but I find it crazy how many things people come here to voice complaints about. I really do miss the days when these boards existed to make friendships prior to the cruise.[/quote']

Some people take the name Cruise CRITIC too literally. ;)

We only sometimes tip a little extra, and we get very good service, FWIW. That's not something I would worry about.

...I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions' date=' and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...[/quote']

I do wonder...when was that magical time?

Because I planned our honeymoon cruise here, which was in 2003, and it was the same. And a couple years later someone here said my toddler was a brat because he coughs when going through cigarette smoke.

I've never seen it much different than it is now, really. Better and worse times are generally perception, IMO.

Getting ready to take our annual cruise in January. I am starting to think that I just need to stay off these message boards! Now' date=' I'm worried that 1. Park-N-Go in Ft Lauderdale is awful (I never got a response from the person that posted they were when I questioned their comment), 2. Embassy Suites has bedbugs, 3. the Serenade of the Seas is seemingly looking worn, right down to tattered MDR chairs, 4. the quality of MDR food fleetwide is awful, 5. even though I have the drink package--it seems I will be hard pressed to get a bartender to make me a drink, especially if I don't tip extra, 6. Diamonds and Pinnacles will look down on me because I don't share their status, 7. there won't be any freshly ground pepper on board, 8. my Balcony neighbors will smoke like a chimney with Royal refusing to do anything, 9. the previous occupant of my balcony room will have spent every night sleeping my room's mattress, which he pulled out onto the balcony nightly, and 10. (something I conveniently forgot about)--I am going to be pestered about giving all "5's" on some dumb survey that I usually don't bother with anyway! Seriously, none of these things matter to me. However, I am disappointed that these message boards have evolved into a forum for members to voice complaints and bicker amongst each other. I will continue to weed through the drama, and I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions, and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...[/quote']Another JACK*** post!....K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Edited by Thetrail

I've been here since 2002 - the first couple of years under my old screenname - and unfortunately the tenor of the board has always been about the same. The crazy stuff just gets more pronounced since there are so many more people here.

But there is still good info and there are still good folks.

But OMG the Butterfish. I just read that thread for the first time. I was laughing until I cried and cringed.

But OMG the Butterfish. I just read that thread for the first time. I was laughing until I cried and cringed.

That should be the recommended reading for all new CC users - just to set the mood.:p:eek::cool:

Edited by Biker19

Getting ready to take our annual cruise in January. I am starting to think that I just need to stay off these message boards! Now' date=' I'm worried that 1. Park-N-Go in Ft Lauderdale is awful (I never got a response from the person that posted they were when I questioned their comment), 2. Embassy Suites has bedbugs, 3. the Serenade of the Seas is seemingly looking worn, right down to tattered MDR chairs, 4. the quality of MDR food fleetwide is awful, 5. even though I have the drink package--it seems I will be hard pressed to get a bartender to make me a drink, especially if I don't tip extra, 6. Diamonds and Pinnacles will look down on me because I don't share their status, 7. there won't be any freshly ground pepper on board, 8. my Balcony neighbors will smoke like a chimney with Royal refusing to do anything, 9. the previous occupant of my balcony room will have spent every night sleeping my room's mattress, which he pulled out onto the balcony nightly, and 10. (something I conveniently forgot about)--I am going to be pestered about giving all "5's" on some dumb survey that I usually don't bother with anyway! Seriously, none of these things matter to me. However, I am disappointed that these message boards have evolved into a forum for members to voice complaints and bicker amongst each other. I will continue to weed through the drama, and I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions, and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...[/quote']

This is a great post. A little deep for some though.