HELP! How many people can fit in a Carnival Suite?

Busy B

I am planning a cruise with my family - Me, my husband, 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter.

We would like to cruise Carnival in the Carribbean, and really think a Cat. 11 Suite will be adequate. Am I wrong?? Everytime I try to book online they take away the option for that type of cabin and try to force us into a Penthouse Suite, Cat. 12.

I would like to know what y'all think about a family our size cruising in a Cat. 11 Suite on Carnival, specifically on the Liberty. Am I being too ambitious to think we will be ok in that size cabin? In all of our past cruises we really do little in room other than shower and sleep. Our children occasionally take a break and watch the inroom movies, but we really do not hang out in the room a lot. I am thinking a penthouse suite is a bit of an overkill. Not to mention the price almost doubles for the Cat 12 over the Cat 11 Suite.

Any opinions out there???? HELP!

You don't mention which date you're trying to book. It's possible Cat 11's are sold out for that date, which is why Cat 12's are showing up.

We can't mention travel agencies by name on this site, but are you trying to book direct with Carnival, or through an agency?

PS - welcome to CruiseCritic!

Looking at the deck plan, each Cat. 11 suite has a star, indicating a single convertible sofa. That means it will only hold 3 persons, so you can't book it...they won't add another bed for a 4th person. EM

We tried to add a fourth in a cat 11 suite on the Liberty for our cruise April 4th. I was under the impression that they had three and four person rooms. I was wrong. I was told I should have book a cat 12 that would hold five. I was not impressed any of the Carnival PVP I talked to about this cruise.

We encountered the same problem when we traveled with my sister and her family. They had to book one of their kids in our cabin because they wouldn't allow a fourth pax in the Cat. 11 cabin. What' really ironic is that although it's a much larger cabin than an inside, you can put 4 in an inside, but not a mini-suite! And it's got nothing to do how many triples and quads are already booked; they just simply don't allow it from the getgo.

One thing I found out, too late for my sister, was that if a suite guarantee is available to book, select that. You will be charged the lesser of the suite prices (i.e., charge will be for a Cat. 11), but with four passengers you will automatically get upgraded to a Cat. 12. Not sure if this is an absolute, but I would certainly give it a try.

Thanks for all your comments and help. We are finally booked - went with 2 8E Balcony rooms on the Lido deck. They are side by side, with the ability to adjoin the deck. We got a great rate (military special) so getting 2 balconys became possible.

We have cruised Carnival about 4 times now, but usually we only have one of the kids or neither so it has not been a problem. Carnival really needs to add more adjoining rooms or affordable suites for families!

WooHoo! Ready to sail on July 4th - Carnival Liberty!! :)

Thanks for all your comments and help. We are finally booked - went with 2 8E Balcony rooms on the Lido deck. They are side by side, with the ability to adjoin the deck. We got a great rate (military special) so getting 2 balconys became possible.

We have cruised Carnival about 4 times now, but usually we only have one of the kids or neither so it has not been a problem. Carnival really needs to add more adjoining rooms or affordable suites for families!

WooHoo! Ready to sail on July 4th - Carnival Liberty!! :)

Busy B, you'll be better off, we have 5 in our family and have recently, the last 2-3 years, booked double of everything. You'll have more room, your kids are older now like mine, and it's easier to get ready. You'll enjoy the balcony's too.

2 separate rooms are better than a suite, anyway! You will get some privacy and your own bathroom! Always try to put the kids somewhere else, if possible! Cruises are too romantic to have kids sleeping with you!

Archived