Bay of Islands on Explorer of the Seas

Ladytainn

Does anyone know where the Explorer is likely to tender passengers to please? The NZ tourism site says the wharf is near the treaty grounds, which is what we would like to see, but I'm not sure how far this is?

We are thinking of going intoPahia on the shuttle, looking around and then going back to the treaty ground, is this doable? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Does anyone know where the Explorer is likely to tender passengers to please? The NZ tourism site says the wharf is near the treaty grounds, which is what we would like to see, but I'm not sure how far this is?

We are thinking of going into Pahia on the shuttle, looking around and then going back to the treaty ground, is this doable? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Very doable. The tenders will (usually) use the Marina at the Copthorne Waitangi Hotel. The Treaty Grounds are a short walk away on the other side of the car park. The shuttle will run along to Paihai, you could also walk if you wish. Its a level 20 minutes. You could also have time to take the local ferry over to Russell from Paihia. Its only about 12 minutes and they run on the half and the hour.......however the number of passengers on Explorer will make for a busy day.