Parking at Port Everglades

Holiday Dreamer

There's a surface lot near the Celebrity terminal. You can't get in the port without ID, so that makes it pretty safe. There are also several paid parking options with shuttle service. Most are along US Route 1. Almost all offer a discount if you book online. They're fenced-in with security. The Fort Lauderdale port forum on CC probably has more information.

We normally leave our car at the hotel we are staying at the night before since most have a cruise and park option (we almost always head to Ft. Lauderdale the night before a cruise).

We have used the lot at the Celebrity terminal before and you can't beat it for convenience (no waiting for a shuttle service or taxi when you get back) but as mentioned, it's more expensive.

I checked Park n Go lot out mentioned above and found this statement that would prohibit us from leaving our car with them while we're on a cruise: "While rare, during peak travel times we may be full and need to valet park your vehicle and hold your keys. A reservation does guarantee parking, however it does not guarantee that you'll be self-parking. If we do have to park your vehicle, the yellow slip you're given will include a claim ticket so we can locate your vehicle when your return to the lot. [During peak travel times, our rates may vary as well. Just like your flight, booking ahead of time online should always get you your best deal!"

I'm not valeting our car while on a cruise and note that the rates vary. I don't even like valeting our car at a restaurant.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We normally leave our car at the hotel we are staying at the night before since most have a cruise and park option (we almost always head to Ft. Lauderdale the night before a cruise).

We have used the lot at the Celebrity terminal before and you can't beat it for convenience (no waiting for a shuttle service or taxi when you get back) but as mentioned, it's more expensive.

I checked Park n Go lot out mentioned above and found this statement that would prohibit us from leaving our car with them while we're on a cruise: "While rare, during peak travel times we may be full and need to valet park your vehicle and hold your keys. A reservation does guarantee parking, however it does not guarantee that you'll be self-parking. If we do have to park your vehicle, the yellow slip you're given will include a claim ticket so we can locate your vehicle when your return to the lot. [During peak travel times, our rates may vary as well. Just like your flight, booking ahead of time online should always get you your best deal!"

I'm not valeting our car while on a cruise and note that the rates vary. I don't even like valeting our car at a restaurant.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We have been using Park N Go for years and have on occasion had to have car valet parked and keys kept. Not an issue. They have always been very professional and caring and quite prompt in delivering you and your luggage to and from the ship. I book on line and normally prepay with credit card. We will book and park with them for our Feb. 2016 cruises. Tried the hotel stay and park but was not happy with service. Maybe we chose the wrong hotel.

At Park N Fly (PNF.com) you park your own car. Keep your keys. The van driver picks you up at your car, loads your luggage and drives you to your ship. They unload your luggage for you. I tip them. Same thing in reverse when you return. I've used them for years, never a problem. I have two more reservations next two cruises this year.

When you make reservation, be sure to pick Port Canaveral at Ft Lauderdale NOT the airport. The lots are physically in same place but different spots on the site.

Edited by Trainer

At Park N Fly (PNF.com) you park your own car. Keep your keys. The van driver picks you up at your car, loads your luggage and drives you to your ship. They unload your luggage for you. I tip them. Same thing in reverse when you return. I've used them for years, never a problem. I have two more reservations next two cruises this year.

When you make reservation, be sure to pick Port Canaveral at Ft Lauderdale NOT the airport. The lots are physically in same place but different spots on the site.

I think that you mean Port Everglades.

I've used Park N Go and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Very convenient location, shuttle was right there to take me to the ship and when I got off the ship it was right there waiting as well. I figure that on the unlikely chance that one of the staff decides to take a car in the lot for a joyride, he is not going to choose my Toyota Matrix! If I had an expensive car, maybe it would bother me to hand over my keys.

You may consider doing one way car rentals. If you are going to spend $200 to $300 or more on parking, that could cover the cost of the rental. There are shuttles that will drop you off and pick you up after the cruise, plus you will not have the wear and tear on you vehicle.

Do you need to,make a reservation for parking at the port? Is there a lot near where the Equinox docks? We don't want to valet our car in a private lot as we will have many personal items (clothing, etc) in our car as we are stiying in Fl two months prior to our cruise in March.

Thanks for the information.

Vicky

Your responses are very helpful. Our concern with off port lots is turning over our keys, we're not comfortable with that. It appears that all the lots will valet at their discretion. The idea of renting a car is a good idea. We have done that in the past when we lived in the Orlando area but is not as convenient where we live now. Has anyone used FLL Park Safe on Old Griffin Road by the airport? Thanks again.

We very much like parking in the Port Everglades terminal parking which we find to be very easy and quite convenient. :)

Way to expensive for my wallet. We require handicap parking and it is to far for DH to walk to get to ship. Not as expensive as Miami but more than I am willing to pay.

Do you need to,make a reservation for parking at the port? Is there a lot near where the Equinox docks? We don't want to valet our car in a private lot as we will have many personal items (clothing, etc) in our car as we are stiying in Fl two months prior to our cruise in March.

Vicky

Park N Go only valet parks your car when their lot is overparked. Normally you park your own car. I make reservations in advance and pay in advance.

It is a very well run operation and I seriously doubt anyone would steal your personal items unless they were electronics and then still I doubt it would happen. We normally leave hotel at 11am and arrive at Park N Go around 1115 and are checking in for cruise by 1130. The passengers who were on the previous cruise are usually off ship and have picked up their cars by that time. I can only recall one time when we had to allow them to valet park our car and all was fine.

Vicky

Vicky, no reservations at the port terminal parking.

You simply drop your luggage off as directed and then drive into the near by parking area. Very easy and convenient. :)

For the Port Everglades on site lots, no reservation is needed, and you don't get an advance booking discount. For most off site lots, the benefit of advance reservations is that they save you a little bit on the cost.

Finally an answer to the question I have posted twice on the Florida board. That question was the confusion on valet or keeping your keys at Park 'n Go. I, like the OP, have concerns about turning my keys over to a valet. Every time I asked the question on the Florida board, it resulted in people telling me how wonderful Park 'n Go is and not responding to my actual question.

Terminal 18 is used, as I understand it, exclusively by Celebrity and RCCL. Do you have to park there if you sail from that terminal or can you use the mid port garage? If you can park in the garage, will the porters take your luggage to your car?

Thanks!

Edited by Straughn

We have used Park n Go once - for a 14 day cruise. We parked, they loaded the luggage and drove us the very short distance to the port. They did keep our keys BUT we also took an additional set with us. :) It appears to be a very well run business in a secure location. It saved us a ton of money!

We have parked in the parking garage (don't remember which one) before and once in an outdoor lot. We did not see porters taking anyone to the garages - they probably would not want to as this keeps them from getting their next customers - so perhaps IF you are willing to tip BIG - they might. I did get a porter to take me the short distance (just across a few traffic lanes) to the outdoor lot - and I made it worth his effort. :D

Edited by Jane2357

Terminal 18 is used, as I understand it, exclusively by Celebrity and RCCL. Do you have to park there if you sail from that terminal or can you use the mid port garage? If you can park in the garage, will the porters take your luggage to your car?

Thanks!

No help from the porters at the garage or lot. You typically drop your party and luggage at the terminal and then park your vehicle. The midport garage is a bit of a walk, so take a look at the map.