Please tell us about Alfredo's

Kerry&LuAnn

Alfredo's on the Sapphire is on the starboard side of deck 5 just off the Piazza. It is forward of Vines which is forward of one of the dining rooms.

The pizza is made from fresh ingredients. You have about six or so choices and we were discouraged from making up our own combinations. However, we did find the available selections fun and tasty.

Since the International Cafe was right across the Piazza, DW would go there and make up a nice salad to go with the pizza.

As someone else shared, it's on Deck 5 of the Sapphire in the Piazza, and it's a great location because of the ocean views and view of the Piazza entertainment. We love to get a Greek salad from the International cafe to take to Alfredo's. The pizza is YUMM-O! It's open until 11:00 PM, too, so you can always stop by for a late treat.

The pizza is made from fresh ingredients. You have about six or so choices and we were discouraged from making up our own combinations.

We've never had a problem asking for a pizza without certain ingredients. On the Sapphire, I've always had the Tarantina without mussels and my other half had it without prawns, mussels and capers!. And on the Royal last weekend, he had the Hawaiian without ham.

Please tell us about Alfredo's. Which ships have Alfredo's, where is it located, and what are your impressions of the food?
Only the Grand, Sapphire, Royal and the new Regal in 2014 have an Alfredo's. The Grand and Sapphire had Alfredo's added on the starboard side of deck 5 (Plaza) during recent drydocks and have a limited menu of five pizzas. On the Royal and Regal Alfredo's is on deck 6 (Fiesta) and offers an expanded menu. In addition to the pizzas, I believe there are some antipasti, salads, pasta and calzones.

we were discouraged from making up our own combinations. However,

How were you discouraged from making up your own combinations? Did you try in more than one visit?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We always ordered whatever ingredients we wanted...however, they always wanted to know what "base" pizza we wanted first before we started adding toppings. I think we always choose the "Margarita" base (basically a cheese pizza with tomato sauce) then added whatever toppings we wanted.

Is it really only the Grand and Sapphire that have Alfredo's (as far as the "older" ships go)???

It's actually Neapolitan (Napoli) style thin crust and it is an excellent crust and pizza, having recently had Neapolitan pizza in Soreto Italy in the fall.

Alfredo's is only on the Grand, Sapphire and now the Royal.

Is it really only the Grand and Sapphire that have Alfredo's (as far as the "older" ships go)???
The first Alfredo's was added to the Plaza deck of the Grand (along with an IC and Vines) during her 2011 major drydock. It was then added to the Plaza deck of the Sapphire (along with an IC and Vines) during her 2012 major drydock. It was not added to the Star during her 2011 drydock (presumably because her Plaza deck had been modified to add an IC and Vines in 2008). Alfredo's might also be added to the Diamond during her next drydock but unfortunately, for most of us, both she and the Sapphire will be in Asia for the foreseeable future :(

I believe that the Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess have a somewhat similar venue called La Scala/Cafe Corniche/Verdi's but they are primarily in Australia.

How were you discouraged from making up your own combinations? Did you try in more than one visit?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Yes, we tried in more than one visit. However, as another poster mentioned, they were OK with removing items from their listed combinations.

It seems the ingredients at Alfredo's were more upscale than you'd find up on Lido deck for instance. I recall if you wanted peperoni, sausage and green pepper, you were out of luck. More like Wolfgang Puck kind of combinations.

Please understand I'm not complaining. The combos they had were outstanding and I was happy they pushed me out my box!

You never can be sure what they will do in Alfredo's. We were told that we could not deviate from menu. We ate there again that evening and again were told no deviation. Shortly after two ladies sat down, ordered a cheese pizza with basil leaves and had no problem. This was on the Sapphire. Pizza still was great.

we enjoyed the pizza's made at Alfredo's on the Grand.

got a excellent tip from here which was to go there shortly after embarkation.

we almost had the place to ourselves it was so quiet. the pizzas were quick and fresh and it was so much nicer than trying to find a couple of empty seats in the buffet.

Julia

On the new Royal Princess...

Alfredo's - Atrium, Fiesta Deck 6, starboard side

Complimentary menu includes:

- Fresh hand tossed Neapolitan pizzas fresh out of the ovens

- Italian antipasti, soups, salads, calzone, pizza baguettes, baked pastas, and desserts

The enhanced beverage lineup at Alfredo's includes beer, sangria, and specialty coffees.

Fresh hand tossed Neapolitan pizzas

8642563380_9abfa4c0ae_z.jpg

Italian antipasti

8642563388_f5e5c22349_z.jpg

Calzone

8642563392_709ebdeb16_z.jpg

And desserts

8642563402_ff2bdbb441_z.jpg

(Credit all images to Princess Cruises)

Forward seating area of Alfredo's

9101823794_f9d4b0d425_o.jpg

(Credit The Luxury Cruise Company)