Excursions Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Big Birthday

We will be on Carnival Vista leaving on April 2, 2017. Do most people book excursions in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman using Carnival or a private tour company? If private, what companies? Anyone ever use Viator Tours to book tours? They're using a company in Jamaica called Traverse Jamaica.

Thanks!

There are a lot of good tour companies in Ocho Rios. You can find names of them in the Port of Calls forum for Jamaica. (We booked with Peat Taylor and were very pleased with our excursions.)

Viator is just a consolidator for other tour companies. I recommend you book with the company itself.

We loved our excursion to the Blue Hole with Liberty Tours in Ocho Rios. Carnival didn't offer this excursion and I had read on the Ports of Call board how wonderful it was. Ricardo at Liberty Tours kept in touch with me before my cruise and Michelle our driver took great care with my party of me , DH, 2 teenage DDs and my 76 year old mom.

In Grand Cayman we went to Stingray City with Captain Marvin which was great. The marine chop was too high another cruise so our excursion was cancelled. We spent the day at Royal Palms relaxing on the beach.

Have a great cruise!

We were a group of 10 so the prices were lower than that. I've seen on here before where they come back with lower prices once other people book and inquire about the same tour. Or you can put out on the roll call to see if anyone else is interested. It's worth it - it's a great tour.

Thanks. We can book with Liberty Tours but there are only two of us so it's $120 per person to go to The Blue Hole and tubing. Is that the usual charge?

Thanks!

We just did the Blue Hole, no tubing. We bought our lunch at Scotchies and shopped for a t shirt. Maybe that's why it's pricier.

We used Phil Lafayette in Ocho Rios and would highly recommend his tour. We took the Ocho Rios Highlights, it includes Dunns River Falls. http://jamaicaphil.com/

In Grand Cayman, we use Moby Dick and have used them several times. This is a must do in GC and if you go with Moby Dick or another private company you will be with about 30 people max - the cruise ships excursions have hundreds per ship. https://www.mobydicktours.com/

We booked with Marvyn's paradise tours for a cruise next week to Ocho Rios, and it was $120 TOTAL, not per person, to go to Dunns, Scotchies, Fern Gully, beach and shopping. Maybe it was miscommunicated or misunderstood for the $120 for 2 people is total, and not each.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be on Carnival Vista leaving on April 2, 2017. Do most people book excursions in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman using Carnival or a private tour company? If private, what companies? Anyone ever use Viator Tours to book tours? They're using a company in Jamaica called Traverse Jamaica.

Thanks!

How was the cruise? :)