Prime C / Aqualina Menus (Updated 1/14)

Andy

As a former employee of Azamara i suggest you book your reservations as soon as you step on board. Especially on a shorter cruises Prime C and Aqualina are getting full due to limited space. Later during the cruise you can book but it will be only 6pm or 9pm.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that suite passengers are not charged for dining in the specialty restaurants, but is there a priority for availability? Should we book the specialty restaurants as soon as we board, too?

Thanks for any help....

I was on the Quest last Nov and they had lobster 2 or 3 times in the main dining room. I particularly remember the split half lobster with hollandaise - delicious! We ate in the Aqualina several times and I had lobster (grilled for me, steamed for my friend) each time. The food was fantastic and one of the reasons we booked the Journey in July. Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Was on the Journey and enjoyed Grand Marnier Souffles at Aqualina. Will be on the Quest and wanted to know if Souffles will be available. Souffles are my favorite dessert and they were superb.

The Grand Marnier souffle was certainly available on the Quest in September 2011.

• 2 weeks later...
This will be my first Amazara cruise - I love Lobster - Do they serve lobster tails (at least one evening) in the MDR or do you have to go to the specialty restaurant to get lobster?

Marion

I don't see that anyone answered the question about complimentary wines in the specialty restaurants, or did I miss an answer?

I don't see that anyone answered the question about complimentary wines in the specialty restaurants, or did I miss an answer?

We were on Quest Feb. 1-15 Singapore to Hong Kong, and yes, the wines were complimentary in the specialty restaurants.

Yes you have one white one red complimentary wine in Prime C and Aqualina. They are the same wines that are served in MDR. Every day you have choice of two wines that are changing during the cruise.

Edited by Crew Wolf

• 2 months later...
We sailed in May and we did make early reservations for Prime C - from other posts on the boards, it seems that has now changed and you must make them after boarding.

Just asking - is Digby your dog? - I had a wonderful dachshund named Digby - he was the best dog!

I can't believe that I just found this now, but yes, Digby was our wonderful little Jack Russell. Sadly he passed away at 16, but we have wonderful memories of a happy, and quiet! Jack Russell Terrier.

• 4 months later...
We were on the last Quest cruise before dry dock. The prices in the specialty restaurants went from $25/person to $27.50. One night it was back to $25 from information in Pursuits. Is the new price $27.50??

My understanding (from our October cruise which embarked in Barcelona) is that if your cruise only visits EU member countries, there is a European sales tax imposed on the $25 restaurant charge which raises the cost to $27.50.

Hello Onthebalcony and CintiPam -

I'm seeking an explanation from our Hotel Operations team for the price fluctuation that you experienced with respect to the specialty restaurant surcharge.

I will share the findings once I receive them with you.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and we hope that you enjoyed your recent Azamara vacation experiences.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I've learned from Hotel Operations that most European Union countries will have taxation policies and that the percentage varies from country to country. The taxation in Europe is very complicated and often the local authorities will change their rules and not notify the ship's management of those changes until the very last moment.

Also, the taxation is applied on anything sold onboard in the gift shops as well as on wine and beverages.

Thank you for asking about this situation which I did not realize was in place.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative o ACC)

• 1 month later...

I've learned from Hotel Operations that most European Union countries will have taxation policies and that the percentage varies from country to country. The taxation in Europe is very complicated and often the local authorities will change their rules and not notify the ship's management of those changes until the very last moment.

Also, the taxation is applied on anything sold onboard in the gift shops as well as on wine and beverages.

Thank you for asking about this situation which I did not realize was in place.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Does this mean that there will be some kind of tax on all complimentary wine served with meals aboard Azamara ships (including Discovery MDR) if they only sail to EU ports? And, if so, how is that tax collected, as a surcharge each time you have a glass of wine or as an overall fee included in the cruise fare (with thre new pricing)?

We will be trying Azamara for the first time aboard the Quest on April 12, 2013, so all of this is new to me anyway.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Does this mean that there will be some kind of tax on all complimentary wine served with meals aboard Azamara ships (including Discovery MDR) if they only sail to EU ports? And, if so, how is that tax collected, as a surcharge each time you have a glass of wine or as an overall fee included in the cruise fare (with thre new pricing)?

We will be trying Azamara for the first time aboard the Quest on April 12, 2013, so all of this is new to me anyway.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hello Iflyjets -

As Uktog assured, there will be no individual EU country taxes levied on any of the complimentary spirits, wines, beers soft drinks, specialty coffee and teas that are included within our more inclusive tariffs.

For example if you were not in suite accommodations and dined in one of the specialty restaurants , then the European sales tax would be added to your onboard account.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard your first Azamara experience this coming April.

Best wishes for a wonderful vacation!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to recall that Larry Pimental wanted to make Azamara a premier cruise line and wanted to do away with those petty nickel and dime charges, like charging for water and specialty coffees. Since I have been cruising with them, Azamara has raised the price of dining in the specialty restaurants from free to $5 to $15 and now to $25 for all passengers who are not in suites. To then add a $2.50 tax is, in my opinion, nickel and diming. Azamara should absorb the tax and not pass it along to passengers.

To then add a $2.50 tax is, in my opinion, nickel and diming. Azamara should absorb the tax and not pass it along to passengers.

Tax? To whom is this tax paid? Is it US Federal? State tax? If so which state, Florida? And yes, $2.50 is small change when we look at what we pay to cruise with Azamara but, really! Which taxing entity charges this particular 10%?:confused:

They are european taxes which are levied if the ship doesnt leave the EEC,if you are on a cruise where you pay for drinks you will pay the tax on the drink till you leave the EEC its very complex and the Spanish tax people are hot on collecting it,we cruised on a celebrity cruise ex UK and british VAT was levied on shop purchases :mad:

Tax? To whom is this tax paid? Is it US Federal? State tax? If so which state, Florida? And yes, $2.50 is small change when we look at what we pay to cruise with Azamara but, really! Which taxing entity charges this particular 10%?:confused:

Hello Ithikan and others -

Thank you to "Gossport11" for his explanation about European Union taxes. I'm repeating my response explaining the origin of these taxes that are levied on onboard purchases to add to your understanding of the situation:

I've learned from Hotel Operations that most European Union countries will have taxation policies and that the percentage varies from country to country. The taxation in Europe is very complicated and often the local authorities will change their rules and not notify the ship's management of those changes until the very last moment. The taxation is applied on anything sold onboard in the gift shops as well as on wine and beverages.

For example if you were not in suite accommodations and dined in one of the specialty restaurants, then the European sales tax would be levied on the specialty restaurant surcharge and then added to your onboard account. Please note, however, there will be no individual EU country taxes levied on any of the complimentary spirits, wines, beers soft drinks, specialty coffee and teas that are included within our more inclusive tariffs.

I hope that you find this explanation helpful.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

To then add a $2.50 tax is, in my opinion, nickel and diming. Azamara should absorb the tax and not pass it along to passengers.

Dear Bill - you beg the question. Why is Azamara passing along to the passengers a tax that may be capricious, differs from one EU country to another and not readily understood when a modest increase in the fare could cover it?