Will RC have a Black Friday at their shops?

Starboard Cruise Services run all retail onboard RCI ships. They are owned by LVMH - Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton.

I am sure that some shipboard marketing officer could always put a sale in the Cruise Compass using that wording, but if offered, the sales would be of the same standard as all of their other 'sales'

I saw the mob for a $10 T-shirt sale on Liberty a couple of weeks ago and it was worse than Black Friday in my opinion. Not something I am interested in by any means.

Edited by MADflyer

Starboard Cruise Services run all retail onboard RCI ships. They are owned by LVMH - Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton.

I am sure that some shipboard marketing officer could always put a sale in the Cruise Compass using that wording, but if offered, the sales would be of the same standard as all of their other 'sales'

I saw the mob for a $10 T-shirt sale on Liberty a couple of weeks ago and it was worse than Black Friday in my opinion. Not something I am interested in by any means.

We were on Oasis last year on Black Friday. Things were advertised as a Black Friday Sale, but I doubt that it was any different than the normal sales. I didn't go looking either. I also didn't see anyone in the RP standing in line, sleeping in tents, waiting for the store doors to open.

I guess it depends on the ship. We were on the Grandeur a couple years ago and they definitely had some Black Friday sales. The usual $10 items were 3 for 20, and they had some buy 2, get one free on items. They area was a mass of people and I didn't hang around too long. It was basically the same items you usually see, but people were buying like crazy.

Onboard Vision and yes they had Black Friday sales today. T shirts were 2 for $20 out by the pool. There were a few purses "marked down" but most everything else was all the usual "sales", with mobs of people. Prices will probably remain the same tomorrow with much fewer shoppers.:D

Edited by cruising grandma