Changing my dates

Firewife351

My family and I are supposed to be cruising on RCL next week. We did not purchase the insurance and now we may have to cancel because of my husband's job. Can anyone tell me if RCL will let us change the dates or will we just be out the cost of the cruise and have to cancel?

My family and I are supposed to be cruising on RCL next week. We did not purchase the insurance and now we may have to cancel because of my husband's job. Can anyone tell me if RCL will let us change the dates or will we just be out the cost of the cruise and have to cancel?

You'll probably will be out the cost of the cruise but suggest you post your question on the RCCL forum. However it would just be best to call RCCL directly.

For what it's worth when I was working and the company required me to cancel my vacation at the last minutes I was reimbursed for my losses by the company. Is that an option ????

If it makes you feel any better, insurance probably would not have covered you unless you had cancel for any reason insurance.

I would consider going without my husband and possibly taking a close relative or friend. It will make him feel better and he should be busy working anyway. If you do this, make sure you tell your travel agent and cruise line ahead of time since the names have to be in order.

Also, if you are not going and you tell the cruise line you might get back port fees. (although that is just a guess).

We have changed our cruise dates twice. The 1st time was after a hurricane hit us on the NC coast. Think it was Fran. We explained our situation and were able to cruise the next month on same ship.

This fall we were booked on a 5 day Bahamas cruise on Carnival's Fantasy. A few weeks before the sail date we decided we'd rather be on their 7 day cruise. We were able to switch and of course pay the difference.

Explain whats happened and see if you can just switch dates. Good Luck!

Archived