What is a terrace suite?

bohaiboy

Looking at SS Whisperer Baltic cruise in 2015. They have a category called Terrace Suite. How does that differ from a verandah suite? I am assuming you share a verandah, but is it with an adjacent cabin or multiple cabins?

Yes there is a shared veranda but it gives you a great view. No one else has access to the veranda except in an emergency.

There are no chairs to sit on. The suite door swings inward versus a sliding door. If you like to take photo graphs you'll have a wide open space. We love the terrace and have never had any privacy issues.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The shared veranda is with about 6 or 8 suites. I believe the accessible rooms are also on this veranda.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

As you most likely know, they are only on the Shadow and Whisper on deck 5. Envision 9 veranda cabins without the veranda dividers and no furniture. I would think they would be a great option if you are traveling with friends. I do know people who take 3 cabins and book early to get 3 terrace suites next to each other.

As you most likely know, they are only on the Shadow and Whisper on deck 5. Envision 9 veranda cabins without the veranda dividers and no furniture. I would think they would be a great option if you are traveling with friends. I do know people who take 3 cabins and book early to get 3 terrace suites next to each other.

Hi "Herman the Cat".

We are one of the groups (families) that take 3 Terrace Suites each time we sail on the Shadow or Whisper. Can't beat it.

Suite 533 is my favourite. Nice and close to the Grappa Bar too!

Cheers!

ScottToronto

• 1 month later...
Does that mean a single couple would be overwhelmed on the Terrace by the larger family groups?

You should be so lucky as to have the pleasure of traveling with the ScottTorontos!

Edited by Emtbsam

Thanks Victoria for your kind words.

We often travel as a family and when we sail on the Whisper or Shadow we always reserve 3 Terrace Suites. We love the mid ship location on deck 5 and have never had a problem with the shared balcony.

Our family consists of (3 seniors 60+ and 2 adults 50+).

Host Jazzbeau, I don't think you'd be overwhelmed by our group.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

Edited by ScottToronto

Hi Scott - Can you please redefine seniors as 80+?!!!

Wait, No!!! I just booked on Amtrak and got a nice Senior Discount (better than AAA). You can define it mentally any way you want, but when I was offered a senior discount at an Alabama outlet mall at 50+ -- I took it!