~Can anyone say anything about the oil spill and August cruise to the bahamas?

mom2351man

~Can anyone say anything about the oil spill and August cruise to the bahamas?

I have a cruise paid and ready for Aug. 12 leaving from SC and going to GT/HMC/ and nassau........

How is this going to effect this enviroment!!! Scared for all the sea creatures:eek::mad:

Is this going to effect the cruise or beaches there???

No one can predict the future of this issue. No one knows. A hurricane could come in, the well could be capped, something else cold go wrong.

The only thing we know is what we know everyday and how it effects its surroundings everyday.

Anything else is just speculation and until Carnival says otherwise it is business as usual.

That is right -anything can happen. Biggest concern is the northern gulf coast at the moment but who knows what the weather will bring which could change everything. I have a cruise booked in September and I am not concerned. IMO, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

only time will tell. live in the tampa bay area. hasn't come ashore here. what the real concern is if this oil gets in the loop current, then it could travel around the southern tip of the state and up the west coast. alot depends on BP"s productivity and our upcoming hurricane season. we can only hope for the best. wanting to book another cruise myself.:o

There are a lot of threads here on this....also a lot of info online

really how would anyone here "know"

anything for sure??

and

while vacations are important to each of us, this oil spill is so massive and horrible and the devastation is terrifying

:)

No one can predict the future of this issue. No one knows. A hurricane could come in, the well could be capped, something else cold go wrong.

The only thing we know is what we know everyday and how it effects its surroundings everyday.

Anything else is just speculation and until Carnival says otherwise it is business as usual.

You are so right..... I guess I like to get comfort from speculations..... :)

Thank you:)

irb33785That is right -anything can happen. Biggest concern is the northern gulf coast at the moment but who knows what the weather will bring which could change everything. I have a cruise booked in September and I am not concerned. IMO, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

I like this one......

There are a lot of threads here on this....also a lot of info online

really how would anyone here "know"

anything for sure??

and

while vacations are important to each of us, this oil spill is so massive and horrible and the devastation is terrifying

I am so scared for what is to come of our oceans........ The life that will be lost out there~!!!!!!!!:eek:

:)

You are so right..... I guess I like to get comfort from speculations..... :)

Thank you:)

Fair enough... I will speculate we will know more everyday but no sooner.... :D

;)

I am so scared for what is to come of our oceans........ The life that will be lost out there~!!!!!!!!:eek:

you are not alone. there is alot of wildlife that has already been lost.:(

What is the current thing being done for the wild life/ocean out there?:confused:

I really think this is so scary people...... I mean really. We have the knowledge why is it this is so slow...... So many lives are changing for unemployment/now our wildlife/family busnesses for the fisherman

I am so sad for this all

Yeah, I am going Aug 20th out of NOLA and I hope nothing changes cause I don't want to change air flights. My travel agent said they would get any information and relay it back as soon as he gets it; so I guess I am "standing by" but still packing cause I am thinking Positive!!!!! Take care everyone and hope our vacations won't be harmed

WELL we are scheduled to sail out of new-orleans in August,it will be interesting to see how things go,just ticks me off,that bp didnt do enough forthought,into building a preventer that works,reminds me of the movie ON DEADLY GROUND,grrr:rolleyes:

WELL we are scheduled to sail out of new-orleans in August,it will be interesting to see how things go,just ticks me off,that bp didnt do enough forthought,into building a preventer that works,reminds me of the movie ON DEADLY GROUND,grrr:rolleyes:

I know................. Hopefully your trip like ours will be smooth sailing.....

Sad though..

I'm not saying that the oil spill is not catastrophic, but a hurricane could do the same to your cruise. You wouldn't cancel a cruise until the last minute for a hurricane, so I wouldn't worry about cancelling or taking the cruise until the last minute as far as the oil spill goes. Or until Carnival says something.

I am just hoping and praying that they get it capped soon and clean up as much as they can. Enough damage, BP, to our wildlife, economy, beaches, residents!

Shay

Last night I had to call Carnival about our cruise in September. I am a travel agent so questions that I ask may be answered differently than the general public. In conversation I asked about how Carnival is going to handle sailing from gulf ports that might be jeopardized by the spill and was told they are discussing changing US gulf ports based on need. They would relocate ships for embarkation and disembarkation and bus as necessary. As of right now, things are remaining normal, but they are planning for any complication.

Archived