A Country Music Theme Cruise..maybe a little Toby Keith?

oceanlovinmama

Hi all!! I've read about the Kenny Chesney cruise, taking place now I believe, and I think Buffett has had one....what about a country music theme cruise??? With entertainers on board...top name, not has beens like has been done before. Let's get Toby Keith on a cruise, can you imagine the fun???? Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, what shows they would put on!!!! Maybe if we email them enough or suggest it on their website? If anyone is interested in Toby...go to his website and go to forum...LET's DO IT!!!! also, if interested in pre-ordering his new White Trash CD put in the referral code krazykate58 and you'll get a discount. When I was 19 I was on a Carnival cruise that had a Country theme. 2 men and 1 woman performed and we had a talent contest....I got up and sang DIVORCE...I remember the woman coming up to me and telling me to keep at it and plugging away or something....wish I could remember who was on that cruise!!

Just returned from the Kenny Chesney cruise- wow what a great time! On ship entertainment we had Chris Cagle, Little Big Town, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, Blue County and Catherine Britt. On the "secret island" we had Dierks Bentley and of course Kenny Chesney. But what was a pleasant surprise was a group of songwriters from Nashville. All have written famous songs for all the famous country western stars. They all just jammed on stage for 3 hours+- individually each songwriter would give the history of the song and who sang it then they would sing it as well. It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again!

Jean

It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again! Jean

I will be watching the boards to see if they do this again next year. This would definitely be my ideal cruise!

Vicki

• 2 weeks later...

If we could find a cruise as described above my DW and I would be on it in a flash. Our local CW station promotes a cruise every year. One of the 3 day to Ensenada on the big C. What a joke for those who came to enjoy country music and dance. They did have a couple of cocktail parties with a B grade act, but there was no place to dance or listen to CW the rest of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just returned from the Kenny Chesney cruise- wow what a great time! On ship entertainment we had Chris Cagle, Little Big Town, Julie Roberts, Hot Apple Pie, Blue County and Catherine Britt. On the "secret island" we had Dierks Bentley and of course Kenny Chesney. But what was a pleasant surprise was a group of songwriters from Nashville. All have written famous songs for all the famous country western stars. They all just jammed on stage for 3 hours+- individually each songwriter would give the history of the song and who sang it then they would sing it as well. It was FANTASTIC!! Great talent! The ship itself played country music all the time too over its PA system. It was just a great cruise and we hope it will be an annual event!!! This was our 15th cruise and it will be hard to go back to just a "plain old cruise" again!

Jean

Hi all. I was just flicking through these boards & came across this thread. I remember hearing about the KC cruise a while ago but couldn't remember when it was. It must have been FANTASTIC. I love country music but unfortunately it's not that big here in Australia. Would love to know what you thought of Catherine Britt.

Karen

Hi all. I was just flicking through these boards & came across this thread. I remember hearing about the KC cruise a while ago but couldn't remember when it was. It must have been FANTASTIC. I love country music but unfortunately it's not that big here in Australia. Would love to know what you thought of Catherine Britt.

Karen

I enjoyed Catherine Britt- really like her new song Swinging Doors. She may have just a little bit too much "hillybilly" in her voice to be big here in the states but I may be wrong. Her fiddle/violin player Kaitlyn was FANTASTIC!! WOW! never seen anyone that can play like her!!!

Jean

There is a big Country Music Cruise planned for Feb. 25 out of Fort Lauderdale on the Costa Mediterranea. Last year rocked! Neal McCoy, Craig Morgan, Jamie O'Neal and Erika Jo. This year, 2007, the cruise has another good country music line-up- Collin Raye, Bellamy Brothers, Mel Tillis, Scooter Lee, Peter Myles, and Rick Henry.

Plus, Country Dance lessons and nightly country dance parties, country karoake, country trivia, and more.

Many of us have turned this in to an annual event. It's done right! The artists stay on the ship and mix and mingle with everyone. Plus, a question and anwer session, where you can ask the stars questions and a meet and greet session, where you can take pictures with the stars.

I don't think a big star like Toby would ever be featured on a cruise. Most A level stars are too expensive, and need to play arenas with thousands of people to pay their hefty fee. Plus, many of the "super" stars don't want to be stuck on a boat with fans for a week. It's unfortunate, but true.

Who is the coolest star you ever met on a cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh....was reading another theme thread for "couples cruising" and they talked about a clothing optional cruise on the costa mediterranea for Feb 26. This isn't the same sailing as the country cruise is it???:eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello- just joined CC, and looking through boards came across this "theme". I am a Chesney fan, so am looking for any info regarding Kenny. I was told on another board that this was the place to look, but I can't find much info. I am especially interested in a tour someone told me about when the boat is in St Thomas. Does anyone know of a tour with a company called Interlinesail that takes you swimming and snorkeling on St John at Cinnamon Bay? If you do, can you send me the website or any info you have?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello- just joined CC, and looking through boards came across this "theme". I am a Chesney fan, so am looking for any info regarding Kenny. I was told on another board that this was the place to look, but I can't find much info. I am especially interested in a tour someone told me about when the boat is in St Thomas. Does anyone know of a tour with a company called Interlinesail that takes you swimming and snorkeling on St John at Cinnamon Bay? If you do, can you send me the website or any info you have?

You may want to go to the "Ports" St Thomas/St John section of this board and ask there as well.

Found many favorable reports including this one:

Daysail - Interlinesail out of St. Thomas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone has been so helpful to us on these boards, I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful time we had on Interlinesail's sailboat "Slo Dancin" recently on our cruise to St. Thomas on 5/17 (off the Carnival Glory).

My DH and I had never been on a sailboat, so this was a new experience for us and it was one of the greatest times we've ever had! We took a open air taxi to Red Hook where we were met promptly by Captain Omar, who took us out to the sailboat on his dinghy, where we are also welcomed aboard by Jan, (his wife & first mate) and served rum punches (which flowed as much as we wanted the entire trip). They made us feel right at home and were so friendly. We sailed to St. John, and along the way Jan pointed out to us the island that Johnny Depp (sp?) had just bought and also told us some of the history and various stories of the area.

Our first stop was Honeymoon beach at Caneel Bay. Captain Omar took us to the beach where we snorkled, sunbathed and walked along the most beautiful beach we'd ever seen (with hardly a soul in sight)!! He left us a horn if we wanted to come back before the 90 minutes were up (Jan was preparing lunch on the boat) - we didn't go back early! After Capt. Omar picked us up we returned to the most delicious gourmet lunch you could ask for, served under the boat's awning still viewing that gorgeous beach.

On the way to our second stop we saw a large swimming iguana and some of the island's wild donkey's. We saw a group of 5 donkey's walking among the guests at the Caneel Bay Resort, foraging for food. We also saw many beautiful fish and turtles. Unfortunately, the rain prevented us from snorkling at the second stop, but hey, what can you do about the weather? Jan was very hospitable, and gave us raincoats (and more rum punches ).

All in all, this trip was something we will remember for the rest of our lives. Jan & Omar are so very friendly, and even helped us get a cab back to the ship and told us to ask the driver to go another way back that was more scenic than the first way.

We are now planning a cruise with a stop in St. Thomas for next year, and are already talking about booking their sailboat for a day! If anyone has questions, please let me know & I'll try to answer. Their website is http://www.interlinesail.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just heard on the local Tampa country station that Tim McGraw will be on a Country Music Cruise 3-night Carnival out of Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have any info?

Carnival Liberty Jan 28, 2007

some info on this cruise and another 3 day to follow on Jan 31 (with Brooks and Dunn, I think) on this thread from the Carnival board (if it hasn't been moved or deleted):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=401671

• 1 month later...

Hi There! I'm already booked for the Tim McGraw Cruise - went on the Kenny Chesney cruise and had a blast but think this one will be even better than that as Tim McGraw will be doing the show on the ship - nice small venue!!! :) Rumor has it that some great artists will be joining us on the cruise -Can't wait!

I had started a 'roll call' for the Kenny Chesney Cruise and will start one for the Tim McGraw if there isn't one already - just go to the board for roll calls and look for it under the Carnival Liberty, dates are Jan 28 - 31, 2007.

Jean - don't know if you are still checking this thread but good to 'see' you again!

Love Tim McGraw, but hope there is another Kenny Chesney cruise also. If not, TIm is my second choice, mmm...make that tied with Kenny for first..

Love them both, and all country music in general. Am so glad they are putting together more "country" theme cruises. Just wish I could go on them all.:rolleyes:

Clear Channel Cruises is sailing with the above artists performing private concerts just for the Clear Channel Group on the Carnival Spirit 2/3/07. Rates start at $999 pp. It is also Super Bowl weekend and I hear Carnival has a whole day of "Super" activities planned. Search Clear Channel Country Mucis Cruise for more details, or call Carnival's group department and ask for the contact info for this Clear Channel Cruises booking this group.

Archived