Maybe--No way to get to Paris 9-2-2012...

The Nautica disembarks at Le Havre on Sun, 9/2. I understand train service to Paris may be disrupted due to rail work, and some folks on the cruise cannot book train reservations for that date. There is no way of knowing when or if this will change. There are limited rental cars at this port and limited taxis.

I would imagine many passengers would be going on to Paris, to stay or to get to CDG.

On the website, O doesn't seem to offer any transportation into Paris.

What to do?

The Nautica disembarks at Le Havre on Sun, 9/2. I understand train service to Paris may be disrupted due to rail work, and some folks on the cruise cannot book train reservations for that date. There is no way of knowing when or if this will change. There are limited rental cars at this port and limited taxis.

I would imagine many passengers would be going on to Paris, to stay or to get to CDG.

What to do?

If you're sailing on August 19 from Stockholm, the Oceania Site says:

"Guests with independent air travel arrangements may purchase standard round-trip group transfers and must provide air schedule details."

:confused: What makes you think that Oceania is not offering transfers?

I knew you guys would find an answer to this.

Where exactly does it say this so I can direct my roll call?

Find the date of your sailing through the ITINERARY page, and then click on OPTIONS.

We are on the same cruise we were advised from Oceania that they only have a transfer to Charles De Gaulle which is outside Paris. We were going to catch the train but did not know that there could be a problem

We are on the same cruise we were advised from Oceania that they only have a transfer to Charles De Gaulle which is outside Paris. We were going to catch the train but did not know that there could be a problem

In the worst case scenario, if the trains do not run, you can always get the transfer to CDG and then some type of local transport to Paris.

About 10 years ago we took the bus into Paris from CDG. When we were in Paris this May we had transport to CDG from ourhotel but there is a train station there as well. (Not necesssarily easy to find but it is there!) In our case we were looking for the train to Aix-en-Provence, but trains also go into Paris.

The Oceania transport is on the expensive side but if you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice. If you get to CDG you can certainly get into Paris, or if you are flying out of Orly, you can get there as well.

Is there a possibility of changing your flight plans so that you can stay in Le Havre (or nearby) for a day or two, and THEN rent a car to get to Paris? Not likely, I realize! But that might be an option if you can be flexible.

We were in Lyon in April visiting with the daughter of close friends who now lives there. She was telling us how she was in Lyon one day (she actually lives in Vienne which is close by) and when she went to the train station to go home they were having a similar "no train" situation. She was NOT happy but she did get home ... finally.

Mura

What to do?

Our British Legends cruise ends at LeHavre on 8/12/12 and a group of 6 from our roll call are taking a private van transfer with http://www.parisconnection.fr/paris_transfers direct from the ship into our central Paris hotels and a major train station since we didn't want to deal with luggage and train transfers. We did lots of research on options and this seemed to fit best for us.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to board Nautica later the same day, so we have been looking for transportation from Paris to Le Havre, and encountered the same train problem. Recently, however, a train did show up on the schedule. Maybe the construction is ahead of schedule? So check the train schedule again. You may have better luck this time.

Hello All:

Just as an FYI:

Transfers are available for purchase through the OCI call center from the ship to the airport as well as from the ship to the OCI hotel in Paris. Just have your TA contact the call center at 800-531-5658 to book it.

All the best

Archived