Flight Change !!! What are my options

Pedro2400

For our August Oasis of the seas cruise , we booked JETBLUE non-stop Flight from Detroit leaving days earlier at 7PM. Since we are from Toronto and we were planning to drive( 4 Hours) to Detriot Airport and we thought this would be perfect flight .

This morning I got an email from Jet blue that our flight time has been changed from 7 PM to 7:30AM. That means we have to leave from from our home around Midnight Or drive evening before and sleep in Hotel in Detroit and take this early flight.

But this will cause so much inconvenience.... and extra expenses...

Does anyone had similar experience ? and what are our other options....

Doesn't JetBlue allow you to pick a different flight if they change your itinerary? I know Delta does.

I realize that doesn't necessarily help (until you know what is available), but it is worth checking.

If they do but there are no better flights ask for them to pay for a hotel (after complaining heavily). Couldn't hurt to ask.

Edited by JasonV1

For our August Oasis of the seas cruise , we booked JETBLUE non-stop Flight from Detroit leaving days earlier at 7PM. Since we are from Toronto and we were planning to drive( 4 Hours) to Detriot Airport and we thought this would be perfect flight .

This morning I got an email from Jet blue that our flight time has been changed from 7 PM to 7:30AM. That means we have to leave from from our home around Midnight Or drive evening before and sleep in Hotel in Detroit and take this early flight.

But this will cause so much inconvenience.... and extra expenses...

Does anyone had similar experience ? and what are our other options....

Are there any JetBlue flights out of Buffalo at a more convenient time that you could switch to.

No experience with jetblue, so they may not have a better options. But have had a similar experience with Delta and was able to switch to a different flight for no fee. As long as they have a better available option, you should be able to switch.

Drive down the night before, there are lots of decent hotels near the DTW airport. They almost all offer "park n fly" rates (free parking) that will pretty much offset the cost of parking at the DTW airport. Have a nice dinner at Leonardo's Restaurant near the airport and hotels.

Relax. Enjoy your trip/vacation.

First check to see if JetBlue has another flight that suits your needs better. If so, call and ask for that one.

If JetBlue has nothing better for you, then check to see if there are good times/prices currently offered by other airlines that will work better for you. If so, consider asking JetBlue to refund you ticket; even if the fare was originally non-refundable, I think they have to let you have the refund since they made such a big change in your itinerary.

If no other carrier has a good flight at a fair price, you might be stuck with JetBlue's new flight time....I hope you find something that works better.

Many hotels near DTW for not much money. Look under Romulus, MI. Also maybe you can leave from Chicago if JetBlue flies from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, lots of decent hotels at DTW for reasonable prices.

But the extra drive from DTW to Chicago on I-94 would NOT BE WORTH IT................. :eek:

Edited by bouhunter

First check to see if JetBlue has another flight that suits your needs better. If so, call and ask for that one.

If JetBlue has nothing better for you, then check to see if there are good times/prices currently offered by other airlines that will work better for you. If so, consider asking JetBlue to refund you ticket; even if the fare was originally non-refundable, I think they have to let you have the refund since they made such a big change in your itinerary.

If no other carrier has a good flight at a fair price, you might be stuck with JetBlue's new flight time....I hope you find something that works better.

So far that's the only flight that is direct with Jetblue, All others Jetblue flights are stop overs.

It was really good deal, We paid $79 per person for non stop flight.

As I said in previous post, hotel with free parking won't cost you much more than just leaving your car at or near the airport. Simple fact. We fly from DTW 3-4 times/year.

would you recommend any hotels?

staying in Detroit just rings bells on my head ? safety ??

As I said in previous post, hotel with free parking won't cost you much more than just leaving your car at or near the airport. Simple fact. We fly from DTW 3-4 times/year.

That was true when I used to fly out of DTW. I've since moved, but the statement is also true of the two airports closest to me.

Jet Blue has really good customer service. The important thing is to remember you are on vacation. Call them, and see what your options are. You may have to have a connecting flight, if that suits you better than driving early in the morning, or having a hotel night. However the end result is you get to the ship on time. Did you book through RCCL or yourself. If you booked it through RCCL, they would help you fix this. It cost the same amount of money booking through RCCL. (choice air).

would you recommend any hotels?

staying in Detroit just rings bells on my head ? safety ??

The area near the the airport is very safe and surprisingly easy to navigate, almost no traffic on the north side of I-94 near the airport (Merriman Road Exit). Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites (free snacks and cocktails!) and others. Trust me it's a VERY easy area to get around in where the hotels are. Leonardo's Restaurant just north of the hotels is great! The hotels all offer a "park n fly" rate. They give you a voucher for 8 nights at the nearby parking lots. Very convenient to drop the car off and take the parking lot shuttle to the airport. When you get back the shuttle's are always running to take you back to your car. :)

Edited by bouhunter

Jet Blue has really good customer service. The important thing is to remember you are on vacation. Call them, and see what your options are. You may have to have a connecting flight, if that suits you better than driving early in the morning, or having a hotel night. However the end result is you get to the ship on time. Did you book through RCCL or yourself. If you booked it through RCCL, they would help you fix this. It cost the same amount of money booking through RCCL. (choice air).

No I booked directly with Jet Blue

The area near the the airport is very safe and surprisingly easy to navigate, almost no traffic on the north side of I-94 near the airport (Merriman Road Exit). Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites (free snacks and cocktails!) and others. Trust me it's a VERY easy area to get around in where the hotels are. Leonardo's Restaurant just north of the hotels is great!

I will start looking in to these hotel prices. Thank you

All the other are crappy stop overs flights. This was the only direct flight!!

You said you're driving 4 hours, all to avoid what, a 1 or 2 hour stop?

Even a super long 4 hour layover would still be breakeven timewise (cheaper, with no gas expense). And you can spend that time actually doing something you enjoy like reading a book, watching a movie, instead of driving a car.

Too late for this trip, but I would re-consider how you actually spend your time next trip.

All the other are crappy stop overs flights. This was the only direct flight!!

What's worse.

A stopover for a couple of hours,

An early drive in or

A hotel the night before?

Not a lot of great options.

Edit. Saw the price that you paid. Great rate.

Edited by Ourusualbeach