Southwest Flyers?

Sea and Me

In Aug. we flew Southwest for the first time. Great people, great flights. We had two pieces of luggage and a carryon. No fees:D In Nov. we are flying Southwest again. The question I have is this: Are both passengers allowed two pieces of luggage plus a carryon?? Would this be within the 2 bags fly free?? Or is it two bags for couple plus a carryon??

Does anyone know if we just have 3 bags what the cost would be??

I hope I made sense:) Thanks for your answers.

Carol

In Aug. we flew Southwest for the first time. Great people, great flights. We had two pieces of luggage and a carryon. No fees:D In Nov. we are flying Southwest again. The question I have is this: Are both passengers allowed two pieces of luggage plus a carryon?? Would this be within the 2 bags fly free?? Or is it two bags for couple plus a carryon??

Does anyone know if we just have 3 bags what the cost would be??

I hope I made sense:) Thanks for your answers.

Carol

Hi Carol,

If there are two of you -- each can check in two bags + one carryon + a small personal bag. So two people would pay nothing to check three bags.

Make sure you list two bags under one name and one bag under the other name when checking in.

The "early-bird" option is worth the extra $$ if you want a great selection of seats.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi Carol,

If there are two of you -- each can check in two bags + one carryon + a small personal bag. So two people would pay nothing to check three bags.

Make sure you list two bags under one name and one bag under the other name when checking in.

The "early-bird" option is worth the extra $$ if you want a great selection of seats.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Thanks so much. I will give the information to the others who are traveling with us. Here I thought I'd have to reduce the number of shoes:D Thanks again.

Carol

Yes, Kelmac is very nice to post the information instead of expecting you to click a link and learn for yourself. But why no thanks to 6rugrats who posted the link to the Southwest website with detailed information about checked and carryon allowances? Once you learn to navigate the Southwest website, virtually all the answers to all your Southwest questions are revealed. And the best to learn is by doing. :)

Yes, Kelmac is very nice to post the information instead of expecting you to click a link and learn for yourself. But why no thanks to 6rugrats who posted the link to the Southwest website with detailed information about checked and carryon allowances? Once you learn to navigate the Southwest website, virtually all the answers to all your Southwest questions are revealed. And the best to learn is by doing. :)

Well said...

If only there was a "like" button here at CC. But alas, I can only echo Bruce in posting:

Well said!!

"Please" and "Thank you" are two of the rarest phrases appearing on these forums.

Learning seems to be a lost concept in today's world. And, I am constantly surprised how many computers don't seem to have google.

If you teach someone to find information, they are empowered and can do it themselves. As long as people are willing to answer very basic questions over and over again, there are always those who are happy to have their hands held and to be spoon fed their entire lives.

And, another "like" to Shorex.

Edited by 6rugrats

"Please" and "Thank you" are two of the rarest phrases appearing on these forums.

Learning seems to be a lost concept in today's world. And, I am constantly surprised how many computers don't seem to have google.

If you teach someone to find information, they are empowered and can do it themselves. As long as people are willing to answer very basic questions over and over again, there are always those who are happy to have their hands held and to be spoon fed their entire lives.

And, another "like" to Shorex.

If you read the last line in my original post I thanked all those who respond to my posts. Also, I did go the link that Shorex posted. I don't appreciate anyone bashing me for not quoting their posts with a special thank you. If you ever want to check out other posts you will see "thank you" is always included.