Do you know what happened to the Maasdam?

Master98

Two of my sibs are on the ship. She just emailed saying that they are staying overnight in Quebec City and not going to Charlottetown after all. Evidently they hit something going into Montreal. They were several hours late leaving there. Mary says that they were working on the ship (near the bow) at 5 a.m. this morning. Extremely noisy!

Two of my sibs are on the ship. She just emailed saying that they are staying overnight in Quebec City and not going to Charlottetown after all. Evidently they hit something going into Montreal. They were several hours late leaving there. Mary says that they were working on the ship (near the bow) at 5 a.m. this morning. Extremely noisy!

How unfortunate that the Maasdam was damaged. But I wonder if the change of itinerary might have more to do with the bad weather coming to the east coast? :(

How unfortunate that the Maasdam was damaged. But I wonder if the change of itinerary might have more to do with the bad weather coming to the east coast?

The bad weather is scheduled to hit the Maritimes and Newfoundland on Tues. sure would not want to leave Quebec with that forecast. Pei. , Nova Scotia in the forecast. :(:(

My sister said that they were staying in Quebec for repairs. Not sure whether it is just overnight or all day tomorrow too. Sad for those who were counting on Charlottetown.

Thank you for both your posts telling us what happened to the Maasdam. She is one of my two favorite ships, so I'm hoping the repairs will make her good as new.

This will be my 11,000 post, so I'm happy to post it about the Maasdam but sad it had to be in this context.

Some on another thread will accuse me of trying to get my post count up. Not so.

Congratulations, Carol.

Using #11,000 to wish well to Maasdam has to be a 'good luck charm'.

Hopefully it is cosmetic and no serious damage that cannot be fixed with relative ease.

We have three cruises booked on her and look forward to seeing her in 'ship shape'. :)

Thank you for both your posts telling us what happened to the Maasdam. She is one of my two favorite ships, so I'm hoping the repairs will make her good as new.

This will be my 11,000 post, so I'm happy to post it about the Maasdam but sad it had to be in this context.

Some on another thread will accuse me of trying to get my post count up. Not so.

I certainly will not!!

Congratulations on getting to 11,000 posts.

My sister said that they were staying in Quebec for repairs. Not sure whether it is just overnight or all day tomorrow too. Sad for those who were counting on Charlottetown.

thanks for the update - I do hope it's not serious.

but I will join in with others - no way does this ship want to be heading to Charlottetown tomorrow unless the storm track changes big time:eek:

It's not a pretty forecast and I certainly wouldn't want to be at sea anywhere nearby.

btw - Carol - congrats -I didn't want to do two posts - don't want to be accused of getting my post count up;)

I liked looking at that 11,000 and almost didn't want to post again, but thank you all for the congrats.

Wayzer, the prize, is having given and received much information on CC and having actually met a lot of these posters in person. I am grateful for all the info I've received and happy when I can provide info to someone else.

Oh! Thanks for the response. not sure what "autocorrected' means either.... showing my age here! LOL

The phone guesses at the word you are typing if you make a mistake, and even if you don't. It then inserts that word and if you don't do a quick check you can wind up saying some interesting things to say the least.

The phone guesses at the word you are typing if you make a mistake, and even if you don't. It then inserts that word and if you don't do a quick check you can wind up saying some interesting things to say the least.

Thanks for the above explanation . Whatever Wayser meant I think ' mamofami' gave such a good thoughtful answer. I have always learned so much from these boards. I hope c.c. members will always participate. The sharing of knowledge is a good thing!

Anyone have more info re: whatever happened to the beautiful Maasdam?

I worry most that someone could have been hurt in whatever incident caused the damage.

If it was something serious, it woud have been on the Canadian national news at 10:00 p.m. which I wached. I will watch another station at 11:00 to see if anything is reported.

Archived