Hello again

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:44 AM.
Irving TX
1,996 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
To Donald

A happy Bon Voyage for your cruise to AK this Sunday. I assume by now that you can name the grizzlies in that area. And the booksellers must think you are a local!

Happy cruise!

Ruby
2,476 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Saga Ruby
To Donald

A happy Bon Voyage for your cruise to AK this Sunday. I assume by now that you can name the grizzlies in that area. And the booksellers must think you are a local!

Happy cruise!

Ruby
Thank you very much, Ruby! I am looking forward to a week of shipboard relaxation and pampering, as well as a mini-reunion with my sister from Calgary whom I hadn't seen since 2005 and with my aunt & uncle from California whom I hadn't seen since 1970.

Yesterday I finished reading Michener's 1124-pge novel Alaska (whew!), the last book of all that I had bought last year in Skagway and Juneau. I had read Alaska about twelve years ago, but could not remember most of it. It was a pleasure to re-read it. I am sure that the book seller in Juneau will recognize me by now.

Donald.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Completed itineraries (63): Alaska (29), Mexican Riviera (16), Caribbean (7), Hawaii (4), Panama Canal (3), Pacific Northwest (2), New England/Canada (1), Transatlantic (1)

Cruise lines (63): Celebrity (35), Holland America (11), Royal Caribbean (7), NCL (3), Carnival (2), Princess (2), other (3)

Next Infinity 2017 May 28 (Alaska); Infinity 2017 September 10 (Alaska)
Irving TX
1,996 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Holy smokes! I read all of Michener's books decades ago when I enjoyed reading "long books." Nowadays I'd rather eat glass than try to hold open a doorstop of a book. The Kindles have spoiled me for "real" paperbacks.

My first big Michener book was Hawaii and the riveting tale of Malama and her husband has stayed with me all these years. As I have been coming and going to HI, I wondered where her burial cave was and I think I now know that site. What a book!

Ruby
Gold Coast
9,432 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Kapricorn
Thank you very much, Ruby! I am looking forward to a week of shipboard relaxation and pampering, as well as a mini-reunion with my sister from Calgary whom I hadn't seen since 2005 and with my aunt & uncle from California whom I hadn't seen since 1970.

Yesterday I finished reading Michener's 1124-pge novel Alaska (whew!), the last book of all that I had bought last year in Skagway and Juneau. I had read Alaska about twelve years ago, but could not remember most of it. It was a pleasure to re-read it. I am sure that the book seller in Juneau will recognize me by now.
Donald.
Bon Voyage for your latest cruise to Alaska, Donald. May you have a happy family reunion with your sister and your aunt and uncle.

I am sure the book seller will welcome you back by name.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
2,476 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by MMDown Under
Bon Voyage for your latest cruise to Alaska, Donald. May you have a happy family reunion with your sister and your aunt and uncle.

I am sure the book seller will welcome you back by name.
Thanks for the Bon Voyage, Marion! I'll let you know if the book seller stood back and took a second look at me, as if trying to remember ....

Best regards,
Donald.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Completed itineraries (63): Alaska (29), Mexican Riviera (16), Caribbean (7), Hawaii (4), Panama Canal (3), Pacific Northwest (2), New England/Canada (1), Transatlantic (1)

Cruise lines (63): Celebrity (35), Holland America (11), Royal Caribbean (7), NCL (3), Carnival (2), Princess (2), other (3)

Next Infinity 2017 May 28 (Alaska); Infinity 2017 September 10 (Alaska)