Carnival Horizon Stateroom Recategorization!

RobJenn

I just got the following email from Carnival. We are booked on the Horizon on 4/15/2018 - Aft view balcony #9464

Apparently they have reclassified some cabins, and they have now become Havana staterooms... :) YAY!

Just an FYI, you might want to pull that attachment and just paste the info from Carnival. Your full name and booking number are visible on that attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!! I'll repost the email in a few

I just got the following email from Carnival. We are booked on the Horizon on 4/15/2018 - Aft view balcony #9464

Apparently they have reclassified some cabins, and they have now become Havana staterooms... :) YAY!

Did it indicate how many staterooms became Havana rooms?

I'm happy for you, but also a little sad because I was super excited about the Havana exclusivity when I booked my 9/23/18 Havana interior.

The email (Which I will post later when I get home) didn't say how many staterooms have been recategorized.. I'm curious as to this as well.. I had originally wanted a Havana Cabana, but I liked the aft wraparound balcony a little better, especially since our cabin is portside..

FYI... updated deck plans are on the Carnival website.

I went straight there, looks like just 2 more decks of aft balconies have been changed. 16 more rooms total so I don't think it's that bad, but definitely premium real estate.

Lucky for those who had already paid for a non-Havana room though!!

Had a feeling this was coming. Carnival knows how popular the Havana cabins are and I figured it was only a matter of time until they added more to the mix making more money. But congrats!

I looked around a little bit at the carnival site, but didn't see anything. What's so special about the Havana cabins?

What's so special about the Havana cabins?

access to the Havana area at the back of the ship that has lounges, hot tube and other things back there that is exclusive to Havana guest until the nighttime then it is open to the public. Carnival is trying to follow the ship with in a ship concept that other cruise lines have like NCL Vibe/Haven, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Wish someone had some pictures of 9464 or 9471 from the Vista online.... looks like there are only 2 of the wraparound balcony rooms on the ship?

The stern of Horizon will be very different from Vista. Pictures from Italy show many aft decks with balcony's now .Check the deck maps on the Carnival site for the latest aft wraps.