Jolly beach how is it???

preschool teacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its wonderful.. Beautiful, crystal clear beach,, has a couple of pools - one big main one is near the food buffet and bar.

We had a large group and went for the all inclusive rate - $75 pp - (was 67.50 because we had more than 20 ) - included all beverages, food, chairs, umbrella's.

It is about a 25 minute taxi ride- We actually got a bus .but its approx $7 pp each way... Food by the pool was basic burgers, hot dogs, fries, cole slaw... They did also serve breakfast inside if you went in the morning...

Have been twice and will go again ...

Edited by SANDY823

• 4 weeks later...
Just got back from Jolly Beach......we loved it. The beach is pretty. 2 beach bars right there for food and drinks... 2 chairs and a really nice big umbrella for $20.00. We had a real fun time....we had hamburgers to eat and they were very good. Yum!!![/quote

We are thinking about Jollly Beach. Did you do this on your own or do you have to do the resort fees for access?

• 6 months later...
Just got back from Jolly Beach......we loved it. The beach is pretty. 2 beach bars right there for food and drinks... 2 chairs and a really nice big umbrella for $20.00. We had a real fun time....we had hamburgers to eat and they were very good. Yum!!![/quote

We are thinking about Jollly Beach. Did you do this on your own or do you have to do the resort fees for access?

We are also interested in Jolly Beach---Do you have t0 pay a resort fee for access? Any details on public access??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe all the beaches are public -- You "may" get stopped if you are on the hotel grounds trying to use the pools, etc - as we get the day packages and have wrist bands for pool access, bars, food etc.

But I'm sure you could walk through the hotel and go out to the beach -and just not use their huts and lounges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just went to Jolly Beach last week.. Had about 28 of our closest friends. We got a big bus and paid $5 pp each way - Our driver came back to get us at designated time.

I emailed the resort in advance - day passes are usually $75 pp - (includes continental brkfst, lunch, and all you can drink) -- With more than 10 people, it was $67.50 pp.

The pool is beautiful - swim up bar, volleyball,, we did water aerobics...

The beach is amazing... You can get umbrella's for $5 to sit on the sand with chairs. (chairs are free with day pass).

The beach is very calm, little drop when you first walk in, but would be fine for a child with adult - The water is clear aqua color and was very calm when we were there (3rd time going)

We will be going there in February 2017 and would like if Jolly Beach will be okay with a 1 year old baby? Is the water shallow enough so baby can walk a bit in the water. If not, any other beach to recommend. thanks in adavance

There were several families with babies there. It starts out very shallow and never really gets very deep until who knows how far out. It was very calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Jolly Beach is great! We did the all inclusive for the day. One of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The resort has a very nice pool. Food and drinks were good. I wish every port had a hotel like this to spend the day! This past year we spent the day at a beach bar down the beach very close and rented two chairs for $20.00. Same beautiful beach. As a matter of fact we liked the Jolly Beach so much we are going this summer for a week. It is a very casual down to earth hotel. Very friendly staff.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

we are going in April. How much did you pay for the all inclusive? Do you think it was worth it versus the 20.00 for 2 chairs and umbrella??

The Jolly Beach is great! We did the all inclusive for the day. One of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. The resort has a very nice pool. Food and drinks were good. I wish every port had a hotel like this to spend the day! This past year we spent the day at a beach bar down the beach very close and rented two chairs for $20.00. Same beautiful beach. As a matter of fact we liked the Jolly Beach so much we are going this summer for a week. It is a very casual down to earth hotel. Very friendly staff.

Have fun.

Hi! I don't exactly remember what we paid (I think about $75). It is worth it if you want to drink and eat all day.

Last year we stayed at The Nest, a cute local beach bar/restaurant. We rented two chairs and umbrella for $15.00. It was down the beach from the Jolly Beach. Beautiful water great beach just like the Jolly Beach.

Just got back from Jolly Beach......we loved it. The beach is pretty. 2 beach bars right there for food and drinks... 2 chairs and a really nice big umbrella for $20.00. We had a real fun time....we had hamburgers to eat and they were very good. Yum!!!

Did you get the good burgers at Castaways or at the hotel? Trying to decide whether to do a day pass or just rent chairs and umbrellas near Castaways. Many thanks for all of the great info!!:cool:

Hi! Burgers were good at Jolly Beach. Here are two recent reviews I found on Trip Advisor. I was at Castaways last February not the Nest. Same beach as Jolly Beach Resortl

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! We have been to a few Caribbean Islands already and this is definitely on of the top beaches we had a privilege to visit! The water color is just to die for, a picture perfect! Very calm and relaxing waters, though be careful as in some spots it gets pretty deep pretty fast! There are numerous shells of sea creatures making the sands even prettier!

TIP: There are multiple vendor boots if you are interested in some local souvenirs - very pretty stuff, and well priced.

TIP: We stayed at Jolly Beach Resort whose Coconut Grill is actually available for regular cash to the people visiting this public beach, very good food especially the burgers!

TIP: Not too many beach umbrellas but there are a few big trees that provide plenty of shade in case you woke up late! :)

Here is 2nd post I found on trip advisor. I agree totally! Which ever you pick will be fine. Same beach. The most turquoise water!!! Have fun.

This is the kind of gorgeous beach that you see in pictures and dream, "some day I will see that kind of paradise." And when you do...it blows your mind! There are 2 sides to this beach. If you take the main entrance to the beach with the vendors lining the entrance), they will steer you to the right where Castaways and Sandra's Beach Bar are, along with all of the umbrellas, chairs, etc... However, you can also go to the left which is much less crowded. Jolly Harbour Resort is a little further down to the left, but there's a vast expanse before that which is much calmer. You can still rent chairs on this side. $5/chair and $10/umbrella. They will set up wherever you want to be. When the strolling vendors approach you, just politely tell them that you are not interested and have a nice day, and they will leave you alone. Friendliness goes a long way toward enjoying this idyllic paradise! Other tips - wear lots of sunscreen and bug spray. Order drinks and take-away lunch and drinks from Sandra's Beach Bar. You can bring back to your chairs. Enjoy!