Antarctica 2018-19: when announced, and will any likely be shorter?

cruiseej

We became interested in a Seabourn Antarctica cruise when the Ventures staff talked it up during our Norway cruise last summer. Timing precluded us from booking for the upcoming 2017-18 season, so we're interested in considering winter 2018-19. When does Seabourn typically release schedules for that time period?

Also, does Seabourn ever have Antarctica trips less than the 21 and 24 day cruises for 2017-18? That length (with a few extra days for travel to/from South America) would be challenging for us while we're both working. Thanks.

We would go back to Antarctica in a heartbeat but have no interest in doing South America again.Wish they would offer Ushuaia - Ushuaia like Silversea and Ponant and I'm sure many other lines. I did mention this but it fell on deaf ears.

This is the one disadvantage with SB's Antarctica's voyages: like it or not, you'll have to spend the 10-12 days going up or down the Chilean coast to/from Ushuaia. One of the expedition leaders told me on board (Season 2) that they had looked into chartering flights to fly passengers to Ushuaia (from Buenos Aires, for instance), but it was just logistically infeasible with 400+ passengers.

For the OP who doesn't have the extra time, you should look into the many options that start and finish in Ushuaia.

Thanks @sfvoyage and @Joc123. We were sure there were some shorter itineraries two years ago, but I guess not.

When does Seabourn typically release their itineraries for the following winter (e.g. 2018-19)?