Live From the Pacific Princess May 12, 2017 Panama Canal Cruise

Woobstr112G

Good morning all. DW & I will be leaving for San Pedro Ca tomorrow to begin a short two day stay before boarding the Pacific Princess on Friday. While in San Pedro, we will be staying at the Hilton Doubletree. For the most part we'll be just hanging out before we board on Friday. I decided to start this live from thread a little early so I could report on our adventures in down below, as we from the Antelope Valley say. I also wanted to start compiling a list of questions those might have for me once onboard. I'll have plenty of internet minutes so I should be able to answer all questions.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise that has been well over a year in the planning. I'm also looking forward to our first voyage on the Pacific Princess. I've always had a yearning to try a "small ship" cruise.

Let the fun begin.....clear.png?emoji-smile-1742clear.png?emoji-smile-1742clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Bob

Bon voyage to you and Holli...

We'll be following along.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Thanks Lew. You know how I get right before a cruise. To me the anticipation a couple of days before we embark is almost as fun as the cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on our favourite ship. Will be following along.

I'm really to my first cruise on Princess' small ship. We are in an aft OS so as long as I got my Wake View, I'm set.....:):):)

Bob

Okay Bob, I'm on this cruise with you. Not sure how a "live from the cruise" thing works. I'm pretty much computer illiterate and worse on my cell phone! We usually just turn off our phones once on board. Looking forward to meeting you and Holli at the M & G if we can find each other in the crowded cabin! You'll know Mike and me as we are tall!!

I've been amazed at all your cartoon posts, count-down drag-n-drop posts and screen shots. I especially like your screen saver with your dog.

See you soon!

Margie & Mike

Oh No! A small ship. Now Bob remember count 10 steps forward and only 10 steps aft. Any more then that and you might be in the wake view. ;p

You and Holli enjoy.

Oh No! A small ship. Now Bob remember count 10 steps forward and only 10 steps aft. Any more then that and you might be in the wake view. ;p

You and Holli enjoy.

Joe;

I'll take your advice to heart.....:D:D:D

Bob

Have a wonderful trip.

We're doing the Partial transit. I'm concerned about doing a full transit because I've heard the seas can be quite rough once you hit the Pacific.

I hope you have smooth seas and great weather.

You KNOW I'll be following along. I'd be interested in knowing the names of some of the senior officers, but not at the expense of your vacation time.

Please enjoy the loungers on the Promenade Deck just once for me, despite the fact that you'll have a wonderful suite and balcony all to yourselves.

Most of all, bon voyage!!

You KNOW I'll be following along. I'd be interested in knowing the names of some of the senior officers, but not at the expense of your vacation time.

Please enjoy the loungers on the Promenade Deck just once for me, despite the fact that you'll have a wonderful suite and balcony all to yourselves.

Most of all, bon voyage!!

I'll post a listing of the ship's officers as soon as we board and get settled in.....:):):)

Bob

Have a wonderful trip.

We're doing the Partial transit. I'm concerned about doing a full transit because I've heard the seas can be quite rough once you hit the Pacific.

I hope you have smooth seas and great weather.

Just do it. We did a B2B on the Pacific, so we saw the ocean on both sides of the canal twice. No problem, no rough seas at all. Rough seas can happen on any cruise, there's no way to plan for it.

so jealous that you get to do the panama canal. its one of my very favourite cruises! and the pacific princess is a wonderful experience... you are in for it now... you'll never want to sail on a big ship again!

Good evening all. Well just a tad over 16 hours till the limo picks us up for our ride to San Pedro. I probably won't get too much sleep tonight:D. I have to be on the road at 0500 to take our beloved Misha to his vacation spot in Tarzana. If I left any later, I would be on the freeway for hours due to commuter traffic. It will be a solo trip as it is too hard for Holli to say goodbye to him. She will however go with me when we get back to pick him up.

Fire away with any questions you may have already thought about.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for posting your live from. Have a great cruise. Hoping for pictures.

I'll do my best as long as the ship's internet cooperates. In any case, I will be posting all of my pictures (including the patters) on my flickr site when I get back.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob and Holli,

Maybe we will catch up at the Double Tree, we fly out tomorrow 11th down here, and after 12 hours flying arrive in LA on the 11th, by the time we get to San Pedro think we may be a bit jaded, but all packed and can't wait to meet everyone.

Adios Rae & John