Carnival, please add to Bon Voyage department

I'm planning for my upcoming cruise, a quickie 4 day August 20th. I've gone to Carnival's Bon Voyage page and it's the same as it's been for years. I'd like to see some new offers that could be waiting when I get to my cabin. There's something so nice about having a "gift" there for you.

What would you like to see them add?

i'd like them to add liquor available to the web site (instead of having to call)...

and 'coupons' or 'gift certificates' to the supper clubs - which would be great as a gift to somebody else...

and a bigger cooler than the 12x12x12...

I had the canape tray and it wasn't very good at all. I think it also had to do with the fact I didn't know I was supposed to call room service to let them know I wanted it. So after waiting a while I called to ask where it was and they brought it up right away saying "we didn't know when you'd be in the cabin." The breads it was served on were a bit soggy. I like the ideas of the liquor and the soda card. That would save you from standing in lines to get the cards.

pre purchase option for soda cards So they are ready and waiting on you in your cabin when you get on the ship.

I agree with Penny on that one. :)

Celebrity Cruises has it available, so it's definitely doable.

i'd like them to add liquor available to the web site (instead of having to call)...

Also, I would like to see a 12-pack of beer option iced down in the cabin for a reasonable amount.

I had the canape tray and it wasn't very good at all. I think it also had to do with the fact I didn't know I was supposed to call room service to let them know I wanted it. So after waiting a while I called to ask where it was and they brought it up right away saying "we didn't know when you'd be in the cabin." The breads it was served on were a bit soggy. I like the ideas of the liquor and the soda card. That would save you from standing in lines to get the cards.

i received the canape tray on the ncl pearl and it was pretty bad. mainly because they didnt delivery it untill about the 4th day and it had been in my cabin all day when i was in port for hours. i wont spend my money on food anymore fore the cabin when there is so much for free on the ship anyway. but the soda card would be great to have right away. im glad to see that you can book massages and things from the spa early now. i did not know they were doing that lately. some things are good and some are so-so. trial and err i guess :).

Guest Crazeecat5

I had suggested to John Heald, via his blog , about offering sugar free occasion cakes. He took it up with the powers that be and now they are offering them. The page was changed today. So if any one wants to purchase a sugar free cake, they are now available. I will be getting one for my husband's birthday on our August cruise. He's diabetic and will be so happy to have some birthday cake!

I would love it if they offered a snack basket - nuts, Pringles, tortillas & salsa, cheese and crackers, Goldfish etc. We always pre-order liquor for our cabin and enjoy a little munchie with our drink on our balcony. We bring them now, but would order if available.

How about a gift certificate for a night at one of the Supper Clubs (as suggested by another poster)?

(Would be a hit for travel agents to give to their clients...(hint, hint!)

Just like Crazeecat5 5 suggested the sugar free cakes to John Heald, someone has suggested this on his blog to him also and he is trying to get the details worked out so they are available

When I cruised with my kids I'd get the fruit basket with wine. They loved the fruit, I loved the crackers and cheese and the wine. This time I will probably carry on my wine and snacks instead of paying over $35 for it.

bringing your own wine and snacks is a great way to pare donw the expenses. there are some things i cannot do without from the gift and services but my own wine and snacks, like you, will save money for extras in the ports or other fun things to do. cutting back is the main key for me right now too. :)

You know you are so well fed on a cruise that food doesn't seem to be a big excitement for me. But I'd LOVE a shower basket, with little shampoos, shower gels, lotions, etc. For me that would be a sweet thing!!!!

Carole

Also, I would like to see a 12-pack of beer option iced down in the cabin for a reasonable amount.

i ENTIRELY agree with this proposal. i'd love to arrive to my cabin and have that waiting for me. in a bigger than 12x12x12 cooler :)

and 'coupons' or 'gift certificates' to the supper clubs - which would be great as a gift to somebody else...

and a bigger cooler than the 12x12x12...

I'd love the supper club certificates too! I know I'd be buying them for each cruise too!

We'd be interested in a salty snack basket too!

i ENTIRELY agree with this proposal. i'd love to arrive to my cabin and have that waiting for me. in a bigger than 12x12x12 cooler :)

im sure with you here. ;) make mine miller lite though :D

Hey, I think that's really cool, and Congrats on getting that accomplished!! :) :)

congrats on getting it done. how about getting cakes made without eggs. a egg substatute would be easy enough i would think. i have a friend who is alergic to them and cant have sweets made with them. now that and the sugar-free cake would be awesome.

I prefer less in-cabin offerings. I want the stewards and staff to get my room ready faster, so I can drop off my own drinks, snacks, etc. A $35 fruit basket? When $3 of snacks in your backpack and all the fruit you want from Lido...

And you know what I like from my TA - plain OBC. Wine and other 'gifts' over the years often go wasted. Granted, if the cruiseline can give out Supper Club or Drink Coupons cheaper than face value to TAs - then those are pretty universal. But an OBC is just a computer click away - fast and efficient.

i am waiting for a hotel in seattle to be added to the hotel list on the site. since they are moving the spirit to seattle next year i thought by now they would have added it already. i guess i will just wait and see if something shows up.

There is a new "pink" set for ladies! Found it the other day and my DH has already ordered it for our August Cruise! :D I think I found it under fun wear. When he called to order it the lady he talked to said it was so new she didn't know about it. :p So there's hope that more "stuff" iss on the way.

I agree with the beer package idea. Princess has one and my DH loved that I had ordered one for the 1st day and one for the 5th day on our 10 day back in April. ;) Wish CCL would offer more than Bud or Bud lite and Corona in the coolers how about Miller lite? Love the supper club gc would buy that for friends if it were available.

With luck we'll see more new offers in the future as we do Love having a little surprise in the Cabin for each other!:)

There is a new "pink" set for ladies! Found it the other day and my DH has already ordered it for our August Cruise! :D I think I found it under fun wear. When he called to order it the lady he talked to said it was so new she didn't know about it. :p So there's hope that more "stuff" iss on the way.

I agree with the beer package idea. Princess has one and my DH loved that I had ordered one for the 1st day and one for the 5th day on our 10 day back in April. ;) Wish CCL would offer more than Bud or Bud lite and Corona in the coolers how about Miller lite? Love the supper club gc would buy that for friends if it were available.

With luck we'll see more new offers in the future as we do Love having a little surprise in the Cabin for each other!:)

i checked it out and i love it. and i think it is a great price. i will be adding it too my things to have in the cabin. thanks for sharing.

Archived