Best Family Beach Bag on the "O" list, anyone have it?

live4vacation

Its Oprah's list of things you shouldn't live without!!

All then by all means I just have to get one...lol :p ;)

Actually my friends and I (on my mommy board) are all obsessed by this offer right now...3 random bags for $10

http://www.yakpak.com/catalog/partdetail.aspx?PartNo=WEB

We got the original link off of Baby Center (one of the moms on my group always monitors the Baby Center bargain board for us...lol) You can see some of the random bags that other moms got here...

http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus5465&tid=119591

I ordered my Yak Packs on Friday and they are suppose to be delievered tomorrow so I have NO idea which "random" ones I got. I just love surprises...lol

Michelle,

I just ordered one--I figured "hey, what the heck!" Mine is on backorder, so we'll see how long it takes them to either get more gear to send or, send me a note saying that it will not be fulfilled.

Thanks for sharing this deal--it was kind of fun!! Since I am buying all of my own Christmas gifts (my DH is so NOT creative) this will be my Holiday surprise. :D

Let me know what you got!!

--J

I'm trying to order some bags, but it won't let me... I get to the billing stage and it won't let me go any further... I've emailed them about it. It might have something to do with the fact that I have a US delivery address and a Canadian billing address... but $35 for delivery to Canada is just ridiculous when the rate to send it to the PO Box I have less than 100 miles away is only $5.50!!

Cute bags, especially for $10!!

I decided to ditch the idea of a family beach bag and I went with something more stylish. I tried to attach a pic....not sure if it will work. :confused:

Very cute! Good choice!

And to CanadianTwosome - I can tell you that it is ridiculous for those that live in Canada. Some of the mommies on my board tried to order them too and it was $35 for shipping. :rolleyes: Just crazy.

Yeah, the customs regulations here are ridiculous. That's why we have the US PO Box! ha ha ha The best thing about it is that we let things accumulate a bit before making the drive down (about 1 1/2 hours each way), so when I get there, it's like Christmas because I forget some of the stuff is even there! ha ha ha I just went down on Friday to pick up the new dresses I bought for myself and my daughter for our cruise in January, and lo and behold there was a box there with some silk pajamas in it! ha ha ha :)

Yeah, the customs regulations here are ridiculous. That's why we have the US PO Box! ha ha ha The best thing about it is that we let things accumulate a bit before making the drive down (about 1 1/2 hours each way), so when I get there, it's like Christmas because I forget some of the stuff is even there! ha ha ha I just went down on Friday to pick up the new dresses I bought for myself and my daughter for our cruise in January, and lo and behold there was a box there with some silk pajamas in it! ha ha ha :)

Canadian Twosome, if you don't mind me asking, what service do you use for this? I live near Buffalo and have been trying to find a PO box service in Buffalo for some time now! :)

Silly me did not scroll down last time I posted here to see your bags! SO cute! It looks like they came in two business days (Fri to Tues)? I have only boys, so I'll be saving these for gifts for their little girlfriends' birthdays...(or myself, depending on how juvenile they look).

I got confirmation that mine shipped today. I can't wait to see what I got!

Silly me did not scroll down last time I posted here to see your bags! SO cute! It looks like they came in two business days (Fri to Tues)? I have only boys, so I'll be saving these for gifts for their little girlfriends' birthdays...(or myself, depending on how juvenile they look).

I got confirmation that mine shipped today. I can't wait to see what I got!

Cool! You'll have to let us know which ones you get. :D

I read your posts yesterday and even though the 3 bags for $10 said backordered, I decided to try. There are 14 of us going cruisin in Feb., so I am sure someone will enjoy them. I was shocked this morning to see that they are already shipped to me. I'll let all of you know which ones I receive. My DD 11 is all excited.

Having been to the beach only 3 times during my adult life, I'm no expert. But I don't like mesh bags for the beach. The sand gets in and yes some of it gets back out but most of it doesn't. I used a regular bag on this last trip(my pool bag) and kept it zipped. Shook the sand out of anything before I put it back in. I have no sand in my bag. I do have some sand in my mesh snorkle bag.

Well, neither me nor my daughter are terribly excited by our three bags. Two dickies plain backpacks...one white and one black. The third is a yak pak messager bag...black with very large skulls on it. It was definitely fun waiting for it. I'm sure one of my kids or my friend's kids will want them. Can't wait to hear what everyone else received.

Canadian Twosome, if you don't mind me asking, what service do you use for this? I live near Buffalo and have been trying to find a PO box service in Buffalo for some time now! :)

Hey Myraid, thought I'd throught my two cents in on this one...we live about an hour and a half from Buffalo and I have a 'mailbox' that I use for personal and business stuff.

Our is through the UPS Store - you can receive mail and they will also hold your packages for you. The price has been increasing yearly - now I think its $11-12 per month, but totally worth it for us. However, I know at the location we use (Elmwood Ave, downtown) that they have no availability (its gotten very popular with Canadians due to our high dollar!).

Still, might be worth checking into with them or one of the other locations - good luck!

That's the one I got. Can you see the picture of it in one of my posts above? I carried it all around NYC this weekend...lol. :D

It's not the same. The one I received has very large skulls on it. I'm sure one of my kids will decide they want it. Have a great weekend!

Hey Myraid, thought I'd throught my two cents in on this one...we live about an hour and a half from Buffalo and I have a 'mailbox' that I use for personal and business stuff.

Our is through the UPS Store - you can receive mail and they will also hold your packages for you. The price has been increasing yearly - now I think its $11-12 per month, but totally worth it for us. However, I know at the location we use (Elmwood Ave, downtown) that they have no availability (its gotten very popular with Canadians due to our high dollar!).

Still, might be worth checking into with them or one of the other locations - good luck!

Thank you, thank you!!! I will check it out. I'm sure I will be able to find a location.

Oh good old Elmwood Avenue...I spent many a night there in my young and fun days:D

My bags arrived on Wed. Nov21--AFTER we had gone out of town for Thanksgiving. My neighbor kept it safe all weekend and just stopped by with the package. After hearing of the plain backpacks, I was setting my self up for a lukewarm excitement and a skull messenger bag! So, I was pleasantly surprised with my loot...

1) a plain Dickies black backpack -- a solid Christmas gift for my brother

2) a toddler-sized (or maybe it's supposed to be for a teen girl in the idea of being "baby-doll"?) black/white checked Dickies backpack which my 3.5 y/o will enjoy

3) an underarm purse from YakPak made of a soft cotton fabric with green and pink elephants. Although I am tempted to keep this for myself...this is more my sister's style to it's being packed up for her Christmas gift.

I think I would do this again if it were offered next year.

Photo included --J

dsc_0088.jpg.5a449a38b3f5cdb696b532305176125c.jpg

Archived