Which Boat Suits Younger Crowd Better ?

vanquish

Hi, my wife and I will be booking a cruise this week, a 7 nighter to Vila, Lifou, Noumea, and the son and his girlfriend will be getting a cabin as well.

What I would like to know is which ship would suit their age better, they are 20, 19. They are worried that there won't be enough younger people their age on the Sea Princess, but maybe the Pacific Dawn would be better for younger people.

I would be interested on any views.

I have cruised on both and found the younger set definitely travel on the P&O ships. They are the more "party" ships.

The Sea Princess is a much better standard of ship to the Pacific Dawn, but attracts the more middle aged and older clientele.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We've cruised on 3 P&O cruises, most recently the Pacific Jewel. We found the ages of cruisers to be varied and that everyone just mixes in. We last travelled late Nov 2013 and found an abundance of schoolies/Uni students aboard, some travelling in groups of friends but mainly in family groups. This was a big plus as numbers keep function areas like The Dome, entertainment areas and bars open later. A big plus. We found none of the trouble onboard you often see reported elsewhere - from any age-group. Possibly assisted by the onboard security. I would highly recommend this ship for anyone who wants to party. Others who chose the piano bar tell me this also provided great entertainment. In regard to the ports you plan to visit, we have thoroughly enjoyed visits to all three. If you would like any tips please feel free to ask. I hope you all enjoy your chosen cruise :)

Edited by geckolizards

• 3 months later...