Flying out of Miami with a late departure

kim826

We will be flying out of Miami at 3pm and wondering about some things that would be easy to do. We will be using the Luggage Valet service through Celebrity so won't need to worry about luggage. I've seen some recommendations for going to the Bayshore area. What would be the easiest way to do that? Some have also recommended the hop on hop off tour. Where do you access that? We are two senior couples. Thanks for any help you can give!

We will be flying out of Miami at 3pm and wondering about some things that would be easy to do. We will be using the Luggage Valet service through Celebrity so won't need to worry about luggage. I've seen some recommendations for going to the Bayshore area. What would be the easiest way to do that? Some have also recommended the hop on hop off tour. Where do you access that? We are two senior couples. Thanks for any help you can give!

You might be referring to the Bayside Marketplace, which is an outdoor mall near the cruise port? It's a mix of shops and restaurants, some with live music, that might at least give you a way to kill an hour or two and get some lunch. You could easily taxi/uber there (although they won't like the short trip, small fare) and then taxi/uber to the airport.

You could also do the same over to the South Beach area, do some wandering, people watching, and lunch. I'm not familiar with the hop on/hop off tour so can't help with that.

However, I will say that a 3pm flight really doesn't leave you all that much time. You'll need to be at MIA by 1pm to be safe, because the airport is notoriously busy and slow at all times. It's helpful that it doesn't sound like you'll need to deal with checking in your luggage, as that is where a lot of the slowness at MIA occurs...you'll see long, long lines for baggage service. Security can also be very slow if you do not have TSA Pre-check. Again, long, long lines.

Your call as to what you are comfortable with doing.