Port in NY/weather/taxi

heresjohnnytonight

Whatever you wear getting to the ship should be fine the first couple of days. Layering is the key. Yes, there is a place for taxis to drop off for boarding, therefore the same place for taxis to pick up upon return. If you are using a limo service, usually there is a place for them to wait, and they will ask you to call when you are through customs and they will either tell you where they are, or where you should go to meet them. EM

Weigh up risk and reward. If you assume it won't be cold and it is, you don't enjoy the first day much. If you assume it will be cold and it's not, you've wasted the energy involved in carrying an extra sweater.

There are few places in the world where you can absolutely guarantee it won't be cold; the North Atlantic isn't one of them. Take the sweater.

Leaving oct 27 to the Caribbean was wondering what to wear the first day,they say the weather will be cold the first 2 days of cruising,should I bring cold weather clothes?Also is there a place for the taxis to pick up when you get back home?going back to Jersey and wanted to give the driver the info.

As for clothes, just wear a sweatshirt that says "2014 World Series Champions - SF Giants"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most people will dress for the weather. We have sailed a lot in January. Sweaters / boots are the norm. Most passengers drove to the port so there are fewer worries about overpacking.

Coming home, if you want a taxi, walk outside the port & hail one.

If you book a car service in advance, it's usually best to call them when you are sailing under the Verrazano bridge.

A taxi line up is at the very start of the Port Terminal, as you round the bend. The Taxi's are "WHITE" there are about 16 of them. So when you exit to the left you will walk right to the.

In the next five years this Port will be wit ha newer look, just for your information.

A taxi line up is at the very start of the Port Terminal, as you round the bend. The Taxi's are "WHITE" there are about 16 of them. So when you exit to the left you will walk right to the.

In the next five years this Port will be wit ha newer look, just for your information.

No...the OP is leaving from NY City (Manhattan Cruise Terminal). Taxis are yellow, and not located where you've indicated.

Edited by njhorseman

I think you're confusing Cape Liberty with Manhattan Pier / Terminal. All the OP has to do is take the elevator to 1st / lobby floor, stand or go across the street and there will be livery black cars and/or yellow taxis waiting to pick up people.

Edit: I forgot the name of the cross street, but it definitely in the 50's and along 12th Street (Where the terminal is located). And you may want to wear a spring / fall jacket, its cold and windy over here right now - going into 30-50 degrees this weekend.

Edited by maywell

I think you're confusing Cape Liberty with Manhattan Pier / Terminal. All the OP has to do is take the elevator to 1st / lobby floor, stand or go across the street and there will be livery black cars and/or yellow taxis waiting to pick up people.

Edit: I forgot the name of the cross street, but it definitely in the 50's and along 12th Street (Where the terminal is located). And you may want to wear a spring / fall jacket, its cold and windy over here right now - going into 30-50 degrees this weekend.

The taxi stand for Pier 88 is at 12th Ave. and 48th St. (And I specify Pier 88 because based on the OP's other posts, they're on NCL.)

Edited by njhorseman