Restaurant Reservations

NC&KY

I know from previous threads that I cannot make dinner reservations on the PG at La Veranda and Le Grill in advance. Once on board the first day, though, may I make reservations for more than one day? If yes, is there is limit as to how many I may make, and, if no, when may I make additional reservations, assuming they are available?

The ship guarantees everyone a spot at the 2 specialty restaurants but if you are flexible with your times you can go multiple times. Le Grill is easier to get multiple times. Try for a time there when the ship is not moving since they put some tables outside for eating and it is lovely. It gets very warm inside at night.

The regular restaurant is wonderful and and many eat solely there during their cruise days. You never have to wait if you are willing to eat at a table for multiples (6-8).

Enjoy your cruise! We are going back in October 2015 for our 9th PG Cruise (New Caledonia).

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the 11-night sailing in April. We were able to eat at both Le Grill and La Veranda twice. They would only let us book one reservation for each restaurant and said to check again in a few days to see how many openings were left. We checked again mid-cruise and there were still enough open seats that we were able to make a second reservation to each restaurant. They changed the menus after about 5 days so we had different selections the second time.

Advice for Le Grill - if you have long hair, secure it before dining. Even when the ship isn't moving, there is a breeze.

I wouldn't advertise this to the general population, but since this is only read by the good Cruise Critic folks, I'll share: sometimes if you drop by one of the specialty restaurants in the evening there will be a cancellation and they can fit you in on the spot. (Shhh ... don't let everybody know. ;))

I wouldn't advertise this to the general population, but since this is only read by the good Cruise Critic folks, I'll share: sometimes if you drop by one of the specialty restaurants in the evening there will be a cancellation and they can fit you in on the spot. (Shhh ... don't let everybody know. ;))

Blabbermouth!:p

You are right of course, it is all about being flexible. For instance, in Le Etoile where reservations are not required, it helps to volunteer to join others at a larger table. We have met some of our new best friends at a large table in Le Etoile.

It also depends on how many people are book on that cruise. On our first cruise in 2013, there were only 185 cruisers on board. So we ate at Le Grill many evenings and enjoy it ever time. We like eating outside.:)

I agree that if you are flexible you can get multiple reservations. They will give you one for each at the start, but a couple days in they will begin taking additional reservations to fill any open slots.

We were on the 10 night sailing on April 29th. It was fabulous. They did let us make more than one reservation and we did not have a butler. We were one of the 1st on the ship.

We tried to switch a night and also stopped several times to try to get in last minute and had no luck.

All the food was fabulous and the staff was the best. We loved every minute no matter where we ate.

Have a great time and enjoy