Magic Cove Balconys

camper49

• 2 months later...
Following for info myself as well. After three cruises with upper balconies (decks 9 and 10) we are booked on a cove balcony on the Dream for next March.

What room did you have on your Carnival Magic Jamaica cruise? I plan to take that in 2016. Thanks!

Cove balconies have their charm, but for me they are not a balcony. They are pretty enclosed. You don't have a big wide panoramic view of the water and the sky. The life boats above limit your view above.

We have stayed in a regular balcony and a cove balcony and prefer the regular balcony, though perhaps not their prices. The cove balconies are cheaper.

You don't have a big wide panoramic view of the water and the sky. The life boats above limit your view above.

First of all, I disagree that you don't have a "big wide panoramic view of the water and the sky." You have the best view of the ocean that any balcony has on a Dream class ship, given that you aren't looking down at the lido deck. And the only part of the sky that's blocked is if you look directly above you. But really, when you are on a cruise ship, who does that? Look upwards instead of out at the beautiful ocean? I can see the sky anywhere. But I can only get that view of the ocean while out at sea.