How does one get on board credits?

isnowman

You would need to ask him for them.

You can get credits by owning at least 100 shares of RCL stock, or

You can get credits by purchasing your next cruise on board while on your current cruise, or you can get credits from your TA if they are willing to give them to you out of their commissions, or you can get them if the Cruise line is having a special offer

Here's a thread discussing how to get on board credits by owning RCL stock. Its amazingly fast and easy to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1160104

It should be noted that if you get on board credit from stock shares, they aren't combinable with on board credits from booking future cruises on board a ship. They are combinable with OBC from your travel agent.

I recently booked a cruise on solstice, and was able to get $150 in OBC from my agent, and an additional $100 from AMX Platinum. Interestingly enough, shortly before booking, a friend told a story of how her agent got her this crazy, amazing deal, with OBC etc etc. So, I said, hmmm, let me get a quote from this agent. I did, and ... NO OBC. AND she could not honor the AMX benefit. So I emailed back and said, I have another offer, if you can't meet it no problem, but I'm going with the better offer. She replied "oh, i can sometimes get those offers as well, but I haven't bothered checking in a while. " So... my lesson was ASK. And of course, I went back to my original offer. Never hurts to try!

You'll also receive OBC if the price of your cruise drops after you've make the final payment. You'll get the difference in the form of OBC. If you don't use it all, your card will be credited for the difference.

Go through the steps as if you were going to book the cruise again online at Celebrity's website. Be sure to indicate your home state to see if you qualify for a residency discount. If the price for the same category cabin is lower, call your TA! Hopefully, you have one that doesn't charge for making changes. If so, it may not pay, depending on the size of the fee and the size of the drop. If you booked directly with Celebrity, call them. You won't get the credit if you don't ask for it.

I mean onboard credit, but what do you get for a completed cruise?

Thanks everyone for the tips so far...it's great info!

Maybe I am not understanding:confused:..what do you get for completing

a cruise? 1 cruise credit...unless you are in a suite or CC class....then

you get 2. And it builds up...after 5 you are a select member, after 10

you are elite.

And hopefully after you complete a cruise you will have some

wonderful memories too:D

When I was a TA I ALWAYS gave my clients OBC as a gift for booking with me. Before I was a TA my TA gave OBC to us and we loved them - so I made sure to always give them to my clients, them seemed to always enjoy them also.

I recently booked a cruise on solstice, and was able to get $150 in OBC from my agent, and an additional $100 from AMX Platinum. Interestingly enough, shortly before booking, a friend told a story of how her agent got her this crazy, amazing deal, with OBC etc etc. So, I said, hmmm, let me get a quote from this agent. I did, and ... NO OBC. AND she could not honor the AMX benefit. So I emailed back and said, I have another offer, if you can't meet it no problem, but I'm going with the better offer. She replied "oh, i can sometimes get those offers as well, but I haven't bothered checking in a while. " So... my lesson was ASK. And of course, I went back to my original offer. Never hurts to try!

Hi, I'm interested in how you got OBC using your AMX. Was this a special offer or is it an ongoing offer with AMX. I booked my cruise using my platinum card and I haven't seen anything about getting OBC. Please let me know how you did it. Thanks

When are you cruising Solstice. We are going on April 18. I'm really looking forward to seeing this ship.:)

I have been reading a lot of posts that talk about having on board credits. How do you get them? We have a TA but he has not mentioned it.

As a fellow Canadian I have asked that question many times....It seems to be primarily (other than stock holder credits) an incentive that American (and other countries other than Canada) travel agents offer their customers. I have booked my last two cruises with different agents and both scoffed at the idea when it was mentioned, claiming "they don't do that" (I also phoned a few before I booked and got the silence on the end of the phone. Apparently, these TA's sometimes use a portion of their commission to entice travellers. I guess our TA's are not that motivated. From what I have read a large percentage of Canadians cruise and the industry is thriving quite well without offering any of the perks. It would be nice though. As another OP mentioned, if your catagory goes down in price, call your TA and the difference will go on your account as an OBC. However, having said that, we must also get some pretty good pricing because I have never had a price drop for any cruise I have been on (although I still check failthfully....)

As a fellow Canadian I have asked that question many times....It seems to be primarily (other than stock holder credits) an incentive that American (and other countries other than Canada) travel agents offer their customers. I have booked my last two cruises with different agents and both scoffed at the idea when it was mentioned, claiming "they don't do that" (I also phoned a few before I booked and got the silence on the end of the phone. Apparently, these TA's sometimes use a portion of their commission to entice travellers. I guess our TA's are not that motivated. From what I have read a large percentage of Canadians cruise and the industry is thriving quite well without offering any of the perks. It would be nice though. As another OP mentioned, if your catagory goes down in price, call your TA and the difference will go on your account as an OBC. However, having said that, we must also get some pretty good pricing because I have never had a price drop for any cruise I have been on (although I still check failthfully....)

Thanks so much for your comments. I hadn't considered the possible differences between the TA's in the different countries. I am hopeful that our cost will go down, but today I see that it has gone up! I am very glad we are already booked!

Thanks so much for your comments. I hadn't considered the possible differences between the TA's in the different countries. I am hopeful that our cost will go down, but today I see that it has gone up! I am very glad we are already booked!

I have also found that the earlier you book in Canada, the better price you get. I have booked as far out as a year and always get the lowest price I have seen online. We are sailing in June (Med cruise) aboard the Century in a CC Balcony Cabin and my catagory has gone up several times now totalling more than $300pp above the price we paid. So good luck on getting a price drop, but don't count on it. Just take pleasure in knowing that you got a really good deal.

Archived