All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

There seems to be so many questions and suggestions regarding HMC.. I figure we can centralize it like the All Things Miracle.. etc. .et al

My suggestion is RENT the CABANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

6 through 12 are on the quieter end of the beach and centrally located to restrooms and the luncheon area.

Currently the cost is $215 for 4 people.. If you want more than 4 people do not tell the excusion desk.. No you are not stealing anything.. there were be a certain amount of drinks water and chips.. more than enough for 5 or 6.. or 7

We were having 6 at our Cabanna.. the additional cost is $45-50 pp.. The Shore Excursion person TOLD US not to add the additional people.. as it was not worth the $45-50 pp for a couple drinks and chips..

Nothing else is brought to the cabanna.. and the Luncheon area is near by and food and drink is easily picked up and brought over.. and there is always bar service!

The beach is like baby powder~!

Enjoy!!

Edited by trock

If you think the Aqua park is anything like the brochure, don't expect it to be(5/30/09 sailing). Sand is awesome. Fresh water stations/mist stations near aqua park did not work. Food was pretty good. Loved the jerked chicken. Make sure you don't mess up your excursion times on the tickets they give you:((my fault).

I liked Castaway Cay better other than the sand:D.

Also note.. we did the paddle boats..

Be careful to regard how the Ladies fill out the receipt!.. We rented one paddleboat for two which was supposed to be $39/hour per couple

She wrote 2x Paddleboat.. I assumed that meant a two person paddleboat..

We returned the paddleboat in less than an hour.. could not take it.. lol

The receipt does not list time in / time out ;)

So when we returned to the cabin and I checked the S&S account on the TV Menu.. it read $78!!

I went to Guest Services and they explained they read the receipt as two boats.. I explained.. they removed it with no questions asked..

So just watch your receipts!!

:)

If you think the Aqua park is anything like the brochure, don't expect it to be(5/30/09 sailing). Sand is awesome. Fresh water stations/mist stations near aqua park did not work. Food was pretty good. Loved the jerked chicken. Make sure you don't mess up your excursion times on the tickets they give you:((my fault).

I liked Castaway Cay better other than the sand:D.

All the mist stations that we saw worked !! thankfullY!:)

Are you able to reserve the cabana before sailing or do you have to do it on the ship?

no you can only reserve them on board.. we tried ! LOL

Can you snorkel off the beach at HMC?

Yes you can .. The Cabana rental includes snorkel equipment that will be in the cabanna..no we did not use it as we dont snorkle..

I can not tell you how good the snorkling is or isnt sorry!

It was our favourite beach, even nicer than Magens Bay and I thought that was a piece of heaven.

We sat in the surf with our drinks and I exfoliated my bottom, not intentionally, but I found out that is what happens with the wave action :o

I will be on Half Moon Cay NEXT WEEK and this thread is just making me want to be there even sooner!!!

"I'M TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!"

I'll be right there with you! I'm getting more and more excited each day! :D

T

Leave it to you to start a thread like this...

I wish we were headed there tomorrow morning. People just can't imagine what an absolute paradise it is and there really is no describing it. I keep looking at my photo from our cabana.:(

Can you snorkel off the beach at HMC?

It's not very good, but you you can. Saw a couple of small stingrays. There's apparently a better place on the other side of the island (heard rumors, can't confirm) that's got a rockier bottom and much better snorkeling.

T

Leave it to you to start a thread like this...

I wish we were headed there tomorrow morning. People just can't imagine what an absolute paradise it is and there really is no describing it. I keep looking at my photo from our cabana.:(

I know! I used to be obsessed with Horseshoe Bay.. HMC.. certainly is just as grand!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Guest JJWW

Well if you have small kids , I can see the benefit.

Other than that cabanas are to SMALL and over priced.

HMC is nice with plenty of shade ;).

Tip of the year , Don't waste your money !!

Exception , RAIN !!:D

Well if you have small kids , I can see the benefit.

Other than that cabanas are to SMALL and over priced.

HMC is nice with plenty of shade ;).

Tip of the year , Don't waste your money !!

Exception , RAIN !!:D

yea yea you said that already LOL!:p

To each his own.. would rent it again in a heartbeat!

Guest JJWW

There are several hammocks secluded from the cabanas and there are also covers / hatches for the chairs ,but of course you have to rent the bars that support the hitch covers :rolleyes:.

The chairs are plentiful , but I enjoy the far end of the beach ,it's more secluded and private.

Edited by JJWW

I'm glad to hear there is shade. Are there any umbrellas? Are there hammocks other than those for the cabanas. Do you have to out really early to get a chair? Thanks

You can use the hammocks.. you dont need to rent a cabanna to do so..

There are the clamshells that are $15 for the day :)

Hubby and I decided on a clamshell since it is too much money for just the two of us (if we meet another couple that want to split it, maybe....)

Where do we book a clamshell? On the ship also?