this will be our first windstar cruise

which ship would you choose ?

itinerary not as important this time

we have only cruised med to large ships and want to

experience a sailing vessel.

is windstar too small to start with

or should be do windsurf first ?

hmmm

We did Wind Spirit first before it went to Tahiti full time. Then Wind Surf. Then motor yachts. Love all but our favorite is the Surf. Just personal preference but would go on any of them in a heartbeat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I prefer the smaller ships. My husband likes the Surf. His only reason is the gym. The Surf has a very nice gym with quite a few windows on the top deck; the smaller ships have a very small gym with a low ceiling making using the equipment difficult for taller people.

However, on a port intensive cruise this probably wouldn't make much difference. We're usually on the transatlantic for 12-13 days with no stops.

We loved the Spirit for a week in the Caribbean but for 15 or 16 days we felt the Surf had more options for dining, spaces to relax, etc. The power yachts have lovely cabins but not as much outdoor space to just hang out. So each has plusses - not really any minuses. I would pick an itinerary and just go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Our first Wind Star cruise was on the Wind Spirit cruising the Panama Canal. We loved it! Our second WS cruise was on the Wind Surf on the Classic Caribbean and we loved it!

We look at itineraries first and then the yacht. We enjoyed the extra dinner venue, the Yacht Club and the extra Bar area on the Wind Surf. That being said, I think I'd choose the smaller ship if both were going on the same itinerary. I felt the captain was more accessible and crew even friendly on the Wind Spirit.

But hey, I'd go on any Wind Star ship!

I would agree with sb44, I love the sails and leaving Venice by sail is a dream, we loved the Spirit in Tahiti I do think Tahiti should be by sail. We also loved the motor yachts. One's individual interests and where they want to go should be the guiding principle for truly you can not go wrong: small, intimate, fun, lovely all of them. Happy Sailing

Been on both the Wind Surf and Wind Star - will take the Wind Star any day - in fact, booked again for February! But in all honesty, you can't go wrong with either. We did the Wind Surf as our first Windstar cruise but have been on the smaller ones ever since.