One-Way rental car from Boston to Montreal?

travelbug4

Does anyone know which rental car companies will rent one-way to Canada. Picking up in the Boston area and dropping in Montreal?

I'm having a really hard time finding a company that will rent one way...have checked Hertz, Avis, Enterprise. This is for a one-way Canadian cruise that ends in Boston.

Thanks!

Our Boston buddy uses Hertz too - we've met up in Montreal in the past well outside cruise season and one-way rentals were available, so they should be if anything more available when cruisers are in play (there are lots of one-way cruises for 'leaf season'). I'd agree that airport-based pickups & dropoffs are generally more one-way friendly in that neck of the woods - IIRC that's what our friend did.

Montreal also offers rail service on Amtrak - it would be a bit indirect, down the coast to NYC then connecting to the Montreal train - but you might find it an enjoyable trip.

It might be a bit difficult to find a one way rental. Unless Boston happens to have a Canadian car that needs to go back, or Montreal knows they will be able to get a US car back.

When I checked with Hertz fro Boston (Logan Intl) to Montreal Airport. They had a $259 USD return feed. This way the fee covers the cost of someone going to Montreal and driving the car back. This fee is added to many one rentals and is paid up front before you leave. If there is a return rental , the fee isn't refunded.