Final Payment Question

KarlChilders

We booked in early July for the Getaway sailing on Dec 4, 2016 using an online TA. In all correspondence the final payment date has been listed as Aug 29. I haven't spent much time thinking about it, but the math just didn't seem right. I finally looked at the calendar and 90 days prior would be Sep 5. Are they just trying to get my money a week early? It's not a big deal but just wondering what's up. BTW all booking dates, etc. show correct on MyNcl.

OK, makes sense. Although, I gave them authorization to autobill at the time unless I called to cancel, but it makes sense for them to have a standard policy with some lead time. Plus they get a week float on the money, not that that is worth much these days :)

it makes sense for them to have a standard policy with some lead time. Plus they get a week float on the money, not that that is worth much these days :)
The money should go directly to NCL, not to the TA (avoid TAs that take your money for themselves and then, hopefully, pass it on to the airline, cruise line, etc.).

They add this extra time to protect your booking, in case something goes wrong with your payment. (It's mostly to protect themselves, not really to protect you.)

The money should go directly to NCL, not to the TA (avoid TAs that take your money for themselves and then, hopefully, pass it on to the airline, cruise line, etc.).

They add this extra time to protect your booking, in case something goes wrong with your payment. (It's mostly to protect themselves, not really to protect you.)

Good point! I will have to see if NCL shows me paid the same day the agent processes my payment (just for future reference). No reason to suspect they are up to shenanigans, in fact, the agent has been quite helpful and accommodating.

Nope , something has changed . At least with online agents.. The final payments have all jumped in magnitude ..

I was looking begining of August and they all wanted Final a week later for a 12/18/16 cruise.. Thats a bit more than 90 days..

to be continued

Agree with this. Our TA always contacts the cruiseline directly to make our payment with our credit card. However, I know that they give themselves a week padding time because the TA accounting department handles all of these payments, and again if there is a problem with your payment or a holiday or something of that matter then they give some extra leeway time.

Agree with this. Our TA always contacts the cruiseline directly to make our payment with our credit card. However, I know that they give themselves a week padding time because the TA accounting department handles all of these payments, and again if there is a problem with your payment or a holiday or something of that matter then they give some extra leeway time.

And I checked from the deposit, it was processed directly by NCL, so looks like my TA is doing it all correctly. Life is good and will be even better in 102 days :)

• 3 months later...

Just saw this and totally disagree with your statement to avoid the TA. Online ta's maybe? I've been using the same Ta for 22+ years and the rule of thumb is never book direct with the cruise line except carnival, because carnival publishes their best prices. My experience is I've always gotten a better price with my Ta with all cruise lines and the same price as carnival quoted. However, the bottle of champagne in the room courtesy of the TA is always welcome!. Plus on this cruise, I'm getting an extra $100 OBC and a free specialty dinner from the TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You misunderstood what I wrote: I didn't say to avoid all TAs, I said to avoid those that handle your money in ways that are non-transparent and risky (for you).

Gotcha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk