Gay/Lesbian couples

Thank you , but we are looking to meet people for the sailing of this cruise. I think going outside of the direct advertising of gay and lesbian is what I will stick to. Just looking to meet other's and find people who are open to this life style. I am marrying my life long partner and am looking for a joyful time w/ her.

Thank you , but we are looking to meet people for the sailing of this cruise. I think going outside of the direct advertising of gay and lesbian is what I will stick to. Just looking to meet other's and find people who are open to this life style. I am marrying my life long partner and am looking for a joyful time w/ her.

That's ok. I see that you're new to the boards, so just trying to steer you in the direction where you'll likely get more responses. With that in mind, there is a roll call started for your cruise where you can post to folks that will be on the same cruise. The link is below. Happy posting, and welcome to the boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=290516

Hi..Good luck finding a place that will 'marry' you...

My G/F and I are on a Sailing out of Vancouver this summer (where gay marriage is legal)...:eek:

we did have a 'private' cermony on a lovely beach a few years ago...so that is always a nice option, but again, its usually something that you kinda have to do on your own...or you might be able to find some clergy to 'officate' it, however in these here United States, as you know...thats our only option...civil commentment service..:rolleyes: (sheesh). And (as far as I know) this is the way it is on many islands also...nothing too official to offer.

This is one reason we chose an itinerary out of Canada...and they will issue marriage liscens to US citizens :D (not really worth much legaly once you reenter the US, but a step in the right direction).

Just some info...and what we did/ are doing in our situation...

Best Wishes...and may you have much happiness:)

Let us know what you decied on...

-Kandy(& Alsion):cool:

Welcome to CruiseCritic.com! You'll find lots of great information on these boards. Be sure to check out the Port of Call section for information on the islands you'll be visiting on during your cruise.

If you are looking for other CruiseCritic folks on your sailing, please visit the roll call for your sailing. cruiseman_tx was kind enough to post a link for the roll call, and I moved your other thread over there.

Have a great cruise!

I can't thank all of you enough for the replies. My first cruise the Explorer I met a gentleman and his other half. I recieved a cruise critic t-shirt from them and cannot remember their names, John and Howard maybe? NO I don't remember, anyways they wanted us to sail out of NY 2yrs ago and timing was just not right. Anyways I had my best experience on this cruise w/ open people and cannot wait to sail again. I am dying for the chilled peach soup and just seeing who is the cruise director, Ken was our first and he made it a wonderful experience. Well off to fish for the holiday and spend time w/ the other half....Mango tango's to all!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is getting closer and closer everyday. I never thought I would find my partner and now I have. Planning this wedding is a full-time job and I now know why wedding planners are a must. I just look forward to a wonderful cruise and a wonderful commitment ceremony on our cruise.

Hope to see all of you!

Lisa

&

Sam

Today I planted alot of flower's since no rain today in Ohio, go figure! Anyways I did alot of thinking and I really think that planning a wedding should be easier than this, there seems to be endless things that keep coming up. I hope it gets easier and I pray all people going thru this make it to their wonderful day they have searched for all their lives. How many more days? Can't get here quick enough...

Lisa & Sam

Skittles --

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! All the work will have been worth it when the day finally arrives -- just keep in mind why you are doing this, and everything else will just fall into place.

I just realized that you are in Dublin -- we are in Hilliard, neighbor! :)

What tipped me off was the 'no rain in OH today' -- seriously, I should have done some yardwork, but housework called instead. And obsessively reading CC -- my DH and are leaving for vacation in less than 3 weeks, and it's pretty much all I can think about.

Well off to fish for the holiday and spend time w/ the other half....Mango tango's to all!!!

Hey I like mango tangos, romance, weddings, cruising - sounds like we have lots in common! don't worry about the naysayers here and have a wonderful time :)

Lisa & Sam - Congrats! My wife and I had our honeymoon on a cruise ship and it was amazing! We were married on land, but when we got on the ship we wished we had been married there instead! :)

I am certainly not trying to rain on her parade. If no one is coming they can just say a few words to each other on the beach, while they hold flowers. How much planning does that take?

Sally,

It's their special time, so why not let them indulge in whatever ceremony they like?

Me and my SO are both 26. We had our commitment ceremony last year in France on the Cote d'Azur and spent over $100,000 to fly 60 friends and family to Europe and put them up in hotels. Our ceremony may not be legal where we live, but in our hearts, it was close enough and well worth every penny to share our happiness with our loved ones.

Skittles,

I own an event planning business and handle dozens of weddings a year, so I know how busy you are right now.

Congratulations on your upcoming ceremony! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. :)

Lisa and Sam:

I am excited for you. I am sure you know that rccl has wedding planners that can handle everything for you . (I hear they are a bit of a hassle for some and great for others, but the number is 1-888-wed-rccl

they could arrange the officiant and the ceremony. There is alot of info on their website, maybe it would be worthwhile checking it out?

Happy planning :)

Let me just clear the air here. I dont' care what kind of ceremony they have. i don't care whether it's legal or not. I dont' care if they bring 1800 lesbian and gay couples with them on their cruise. I just don't get the fuss and worry about what they do, if there is no one coming to the event.

You make your intimacy, you don't seek help from others. Nobody on your cruise will care whether you are straight or gay.

Let me just clear the air here. I dont' care what kind of ceremony they have. i don't care whether it's legal or not. I dont' care if they bring 1800 lesbian and gay couples with them on their cruise. I just don't get the fuss and worry about what they do, if there is no one coming to the event.

You make your intimacy, you don't seek help from others. Nobody on your cruise will care whether you are straight or gay.

Wellllll, I'm not getting in the middle of opinions on this but I can relate my DW's and my experience when we were married in Maui while doing an 11 day cruise. Even though it was only us and her elderly parents, it didn't lesson the apprehension of the planning and hoping that all went well. It was wonderful when it was over and we could reflect how it went as planned, but events leading up to the big day were quite hectic, regardless of how large or small the event was. The fact was, it was our big day, and we wanted it to go right.

I was so busy getting on my soapbox I missed that you guys have already planned for the Sept. 3rd Mariner sailing. :) (just a week after ours!)

You can get married on board in Port Canaveral, or if you really want a beach ceremony, (as you stated) I know that a lot of brides have had great things to say about the shore-side weddings on the beach in St. Thomas. You can go thru Royal Romance, (rccl's wedding dept) or you can arrange it thru vendors in St. Thomas. I've seen a few sets of photos and it is breathtaking! Fantasia weddings is the only local vendor I can think of offhand. I know they do Emerald Beach exclusively and it is gorgeous. :)

My husband and I send you our very best, wish we could be on your cruise but our children are giving us a 60th anniversary party that week. May your life together be as long. Thelma and Jerry Jackson

Ladies, All the best! I have a friend who is wishing he and his SO could have a nice romantic ceremony someplace exotic where they can pledge their lives to each other. Let me know how yours works out so I can let them know! :D

Good luck, and most of all, a life full of love to you both.

First off let me say Thank you for all the KIND replies, this just goes to show you how a day in my life goes. We are stressed because we are taping our special time together while on our cruise, then showing it on a big screen at our reception of 250 people. So the stress involves the food, the decor, the D.J and music, making sure all guests remember this wonderful time and experience and over all "Sally" just have the best damn time with my other half. You give people like myself and Sam a bad taste when it comes to people like you, so as usual I will go on w/ MY life and say to you, I have nobody to answer to each day but the person who looks me back in the mirror.

As far as the people who have posted kind replies Thank you a million and if you see us please introduce yourself. I am thinking that St. Thomas will be the place.

How many more days? Please pray for us.........

Archived