And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

what are the other signs of addiction to Sea Dream?

FT

Good idea for a topic, FT. Here are a couple that spring to my mind:

1. Counting down the days to November 8, 2010 starting in April, 2009.

2. Your friends or colleagues are traveling on SD and you are insanely jealous.

I catch myself checking this Board everyday - even when I should be working . . . and checking the SD site to see if any new cruises have been added to the "specials" so I was wondering --- what are the other signs of addiction to Sea Dream?

FT

I'm right there with you:eek:

Good idea for a topic, FT. Here are a couple that spring to my mind:

1. Counting down the days to November 8, 2010 starting in April, 2009.

2. Your friends or colleagues are traveling on SD and you are insanely jealous.

You caught me ctbjr:p

Here are my contributions ...

1. Using Bvlgari products to remind you of being on the yacht. I admit my perfume of choice is Bvlgari Green.

2. Joining Twitter so you can follow the yachts.

3. Joining Facebook so you can follow the yachts and your SD buddies.

How about lurking on these boards reading the reviews, and planning your 2011 December wedding around a SD honeymoon? We are waiting for them to post those itineraries! And we havent even been on the boat yet! :)

I have another one to add ... not sure how I missed it:eek:

You own a copy of SeaDream's cookbook "Dream Cuisine: An Adventure for the Sense" and proudly display it in a cookbook holder in your kitchen:p

When your wife is FT, you don't have a choice.

Not that it is a bad thing. Heck, I just love to cruise and being pampered never hurts!

Edited by zqvol

I'm right there with you:eek:

2. Joining Twitter so you can follow the yachts.

3. Joining Facebook so you can follow the yachts and your SD buddies.

my own adds to #1 and #2 in my first posting

2. not joining Twitter or Facebook because you know you will get fired if your employer ever does an Internet Audit

3. After saying "never ever" multiple times publicly on this Board to a 5 day cruise because its too short, signing up for a 5 day SD II cruise anyway (Dec. 13 for inquiring minds) with the justification that its a good way to introduce your grown children to a small ship . . . and ZQ Vol is on semester break . . . and its so cost effective . . .

FT

Hi, my name is Jim and I am a SeaDream addict. I have been seen many times mowing my yard in my SD PJs! Followed by a shower with Bulgari Green and a Painkiller! Somebody please help me!

Jim.

ROFL ... I'm right there with you Jim:p

Good Thread Frequent Traveler but SD jumped the price on a lot of the upcoming cruises. I will have to start selling blood to finance my habit.

J.

LOL, Jim.

Maybe we should start an SD Addicts storefront on E-Bay. We could all gather stuff and sell it there to finance our SD habit.

Then, we'll use the proceeds to charter one of the yachts, staff it with our favorite crew members and live the high life on the first ever CC SDYC Cruise.

Champagne, Gin & Diet Tonics, Red Stripe and Pain Killers for everyone!

Any takers? :D

LOL, Jim.

Maybe we should start an SD Addicts storefront on E-Bay. We could all gather stuff and sell it there to finance our SD habit.

Then, we'll use the proceeds to charter one of the yachts, staff it with our favorite crew members and live the high life on the first ever CC SDYC Cruise.

Champagne, Gin & Diet Tonics, Red Stripe and Pain Killers for everyone!

Any takers? :D

Sign us up! Frequent Traveler was toying with the idea of a charter a year or so ago. Maybe there are enough CCers out there now to consider it again.

Sign us up! Frequent Traveler was toying with the idea of a charter a year or so ago. Maybe there are enough CCers out there now to consider it again.

It would have to be one heck of an E Bay sale to pay for a week long charter! Having signed off on a couple of corporate charter contracts back in the days when companies took customers on incentive trips - either a Letter of Credit or 25% down is required at signing - then another 25% down fairly shortly thereafter and payment in full way in advance is required. And since a week runs more than $500,000 . . . . that's a heck of lot of blood Jim:eek: I guess that's why we call it an "addiction"

FT

Can you be considered an addict if you've only sailed once but can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was and how you wish your life weren't so complicated that you can't plan another voyage for awhile but you keep checking these boards (and writing run-on sentences?)

Can you be considered an addict if you've only sailed once but can't stop thinking about how wonderful it was and how you wish your life weren't so complicated that you can't plan another voyage for awhile but you keep checking these boards (and writing run-on sentences?)

Absolutely edhenry! SD's addictive properties are so strong it only takes one trip to get you hooked:p

Yessir, you can. The exact same thing happened to us, so we boarded again six months later. Now, looks like we can't get back onboard until at least 2010 (I'm pushin' for the crossing in Nov. w/ my DH). So, I'll be on this board and working on my blog for my fixes (and trying not to write many run-on sentences myself :)).

It would have to be one heck of an E Bay sale to pay for a week long charter! Having signed off on a couple of corporate charter contracts back in the days when companies took customers on incentive trips - either a Letter of Credit or 25% down is required at signing - then another 25% down fairly shortly thereafter and payment in full way in advance is required. And since a week runs more than $500,000 . . . . that's a heck of lot of blood Jim:eek: I guess that's why we call it an "addiction"

FT

Heck, FT, I could fund the entire week with the crap in my basement. :eek::D LOL. Everybody - quick! - run to your basements and...

Maybe SD would give us all a free week onboard because of how well we promote them here. This is a bit more than the "word of mouth" advertising they like, dontja think? :rolleyes: :) Ah, one can dream.

Heck, FT, I could fund the entire week with the crap in my basement. :eek::D LOL. Everybody - quick! - run to your basements and...

Maybe SD would give us all a free week onboard because of how well we promote them here. This is a bit more than the "word of mouth" advertising they like, dontja think? :rolleyes: :) Ah, one can dream.

I dont even care about a free week. Just give me an upgrade to 315 (or maybe the new Admiral's suite) so I can write a review about how great these spaces are. Hey, only 97 more days!!!!! Oops, must mean balance is due next week. Must work harder! (sell more blood).

Jim.

no basement - but our equivalent is the "stuff" piled on the floors of DD and DS rooms (haven't seen the carpet in years . . . cleaning lady refuses to cross the threshold) . . . wait, that's probably just junk that I'd to pay someone to take away . . . :eek:

another sign of addiction . . . . four months after your last SD cruise you are still waking up every morning anticipating Christoph's cheerful delivery of your "standard" order of eggs benny plus the chilled champagne and then realizing you're stuck with cold cereal and whatever . . . .

FT

Edited by frequent traveler

no basement - but our equivalent is the "stuff" piled on the floors of DD and DS rooms (haven't seen the carpet in years . . . cleaning lady refuses to cross the threshold) . . . wait, that's probably just junk that I'd to pay someone to take away . . . :eek:

another sign of addiction . . . . four months after your last SD cruise you are still waking up every morning anticipating Christoph's cheerful delivery of your "standard" order of eggs benny plus the chilled champagne and then realizing you're stuck with cold cereal and whatever . . . .

FT

I always liked your line: " you know you are home when you leave your towel on the floor and it just stays there". Totally unlike SeaDream when you leave your cabin and come back seemingly in just a few minutes and it is all neat and clean.

I dont even care about a free week. Just give me an upgrade to 315 (or maybe the new Admiral's suite) so I can write a review about how great these spaces are. Hey, only 97 more days!!!!! Oops, must mean balance is due next week. Must work harder! (sell more blood).

Jim.

97 days - you lucky, lucky dog! I think I speak for all of us here - we're jealous! :D

You can donate plasma, too. ;)

97 days - you lucky, lucky dog! I think I speak for all of us here - we're jealous! :D

You can donate plasma, too. ;)

I made a math error. (never was my strong suit) I left out August. Sad to say I think it is 126 more days! Bummer.