Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

Doesn't look so bad. Who's saying the wet floors was sewage? It could also be just water. Not a "Carnival cheerleader" by any means, but don't believe much of what I hear anymore. It's all hype these days.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Doesn't look so bad. Who's saying the wet floors was sewage? It could also be just water. Not a "Carnival cheerleader" by any means, but don't believe much of what I hear anymore. It's all hype these days.

I'm sorry I just think its ridiculous to say it doesn't look that bad. While I'm sure people are trying to stay positive I doubt it's fun. I bet the smell alone is terrible. And sleeping on deck chairs for several days. Maybe no biggie for you but for people like me for example with a bad back it would be torture.

I think the picture with the cardboard lined up on one side is in the buffet area. It looks like one of the drink stations on the left. I don't remember a bathroom that close to those. I would think that might be water leaking from the buffet area, maybe freezers defrosting or the like.

Those other cardboard pieces, i think, are at the back food areas near the pool. Those might be there because of rain (I heard they got rained on at some point). I say this because I nearly busted my own a$$ on that very spot after a light rain and my flip flops slid out from under me

Have cruised on the Splendor with passengers that went through the same thing when she had her problems. Most think the crew did a great job then. They looked upon it as an adventure they got that was FREE with FREE drinks, FREE phone calls, with another FREE cruise out of it later on.

Of course it isn't the ideal situation not what any one cruising expected when the booked their Vacation but as they say s&$t happens, it's not the end of the world no one died just had a few days being very uncomfortable. I am sure you will hear complaints from the "complainers" and others who take it in stride.

I'm absolutely ashamed for some of those of you who have made comments that suggest this cruise was anything but horrid and unacceptable. Where is your sense of compassion and humanity and when did you lose it?

Most people do have compassion, but theres no need to be overly dramatic. :)

Have cruised on the Splendor with passengers that went through the same thing when she had her problems. Most think the crew did a great job then. They looked upon it as an adventure they got that was FREE with FREE drinks, FREE phone calls, with another FREE cruise out of it later on.

You're not saying YOU were on the fated Splendor cruise. Even if you spoke with a few passengers that did, you couldn't possibly speak for every single one of them. So, please, don't try.

No one is saying conditions on the Splendor and the Triumph were not survivable. Clearly, they were. What people are saying is there is a problem. The cruise line industry is largely unregulated. None of them are registered in the United States, so the Coast Guard has very limited jurisdiction over them. Maintenance should be a top priority and we shouldn't have to take some corporation's word for it that their ships are well maintained. The facts are beginning to show the opposite is true.

Face it. These ships are worked harder than the crews who work inside them. We need assurances that companies are not scrimping. Things need to change and they have to change now. Otherwise, CNN will one day cover a cruise disaster much larger than Concordia.

Could have been much worse. Just think people all around the world live in conditions much worse than these everyday!

HAHAHA

You are kidding, right?!?!?

To me it's a terrible sight to see, I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. Cruising in filthy conditions. Wallowing in one's own or someone's filth is unacceptable.

No heat or A/C, limited food, sewage seeping everywhere, smell of fecal waste material, sleeping on open decks.

This is "Drama Queen" city. I heard a lady interviewed say that her daughter was on board with her Father and she was afraid that she would never see her again. The kids with her Father. Who better to take care of her. I'm afraid that all the people waiting in Mobile are only going to add to the confusion.

Bad smells, sewage on the ground, Long lines for food, Food shortages, Water Shortages, people in shorts and flip flops,

I experience that every time i go to the County Fair or a Concert.

Yes it's probably the worst vacation and I can't imagine being stuck on that boat for days like that, but when you see people goofing off and making human signs that say Help and taking pictures with life jackets shaped like hearts... Honestly I wouldn't call the conditions "Horrific." Awful? Yes. Horrific? Please. If it were truly horrific, people wouldn't be out on the deck goofing off. People are definitly making the best of this situation.

And by the way, I'd PAY EXTRA to sleep on the deck. That's gotta be an incredible view in the morning.

They're all being compensated quite fairly, and honestly, when you go on the cruise, the first thing you do is go to is a safety drill. You're told upfront what the risks are.

In fact, I'm going on a Carnival Cruise tomorrow. I know full well that this *could* happen to me. I'm even taking a bigger risk- I'm going on an older ship.

You know what I say? Bring it on...

On a completely unrelated topic, where's the wood around here?

Archived