Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

If you've never been to a Brazilian meat restaurant, Chima is a locals favorite. It is about a 2 mile walk from the Las Olas water taxi stop.

Anyone who that eats red meat that hasn't eaten at a Brazilian or Argentinian steakhouse is severely deprived.

We'll be in FLL pre- cruise on 12/29. It's one night anyway so we don't need anything fancy.

All we need is a hotel in a safe location, relatively inexpensive and in a $15-$20 cab ride to the port.

We'll try to bid on Priceline but I cant figure it out what zone to bid on to make sure it's in a safe area.

Would appreciate any help.

We'll be in FLL pre- cruise on 12/29. It's one night anyway so we don't need anything fancy.

All we need is a hotel in a safe location, relatively inexpensive and in a $15-$20 cab ride to the port.

We'll try to bid on Priceline but I cant figure it out what zone to bid on to make sure it's in a safe area.

Would appreciate any help.

Downtown and airport zones are safe and within your cab range, give or take a couple of dollars.

We are coming to FLL for three days pre cruise. Looking at the Gallery One Double Tree or the Hilton Pier 66. We won't have a car so being near the water taxi sounds good to us. We have decided on the La Quinta for one night before heading home.

Both hotels are nice.

Gallery One is next to Galleria Mall in case it's a rainy day. It's also a short walk to the beach and a half dozen good restaurant choices. It's about 2 miles from the main beach shopping/dining area and it's a pleasant walk.

The Pier 66 is Hyatt. The tower is nice but people complain about the lower building rooms. It is more of a resort property so the pool area is better than Gallery One but you'll probably decide to take a taxi or water taxi if you want to go anywhere from that location.

We booked on Hotwire and wound up with the Hilton FLL Airport. Not sure how happy I am with this considering the reviews on Trip Advisor aren't good. Any thoughts on this hotel?Are there a few restaurants nearby? Many thanks for any help.

The hotel seems that it isn't as nice as it used to be per the reviews that I've read. I used to go there a lot for events but haven't been there this year. There are a few restaurants nearby but it isn't an area set up for pedestrians, so take a cab or see if the shuttle can take you at least one way. Some very popular fun restaurants in the area are Rustic Inn and The Field. Islamorada Fish Co. and Tropical Acres are also in the area but have no ambiance. There are also restaurants in Hilton and in Sheraton across the street.

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Dania before our cruise. Are there any good restaurants within walking distance? Places to purchase wine? I would rather walk if we can.

Thanks,

Ohiodoglover

This hotel is VERY close to Islamorada Fish Co but nothing else is close to walk to. See the post above yours for other suggestions. I don't know of any stores that sell wine in that area.

The hotel seems that it isn't as nice as it used to be per the reviews that I've read. I used to go there a lot for events but haven't been there this year. There are a few restaurants nearby but it isn't an area set up for pedestrians, so take a cab or see if the shuttle can take you at least one way. Some very popular fun restaurants in the area are Rustic Inn and The Field. Islamorada Fish Co. and Tropical Acres are also in the area but have no ambiance. There are also restaurants in Hilton and in Sheraton across the street.

Thanks Royal!

What hotels offer, complimentary breakfast and air port and cruise shuttles? I am also looking for something with basic shopping within walking distance so we can pick up pop and wine before the cruise.

Thank you,

Check the Hampton Inns on Stirling Rd and on SW 12th Ave.

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel

looked like a nice place any idea

thinking 2 days pre cruise feb 22 and 23

We stayed there pre-cruise last February. The people running the hotel are very nice and accommodating. The hotel itself was a disappointment. About half the light bulbs in our rooms were dead. The rug in the bathroom was not something I wanted to step out of the shower on to. We will not be returning. Overall...just rundown and not super clean.

Just got the Riverside hotel for $109 ($129 including taxes) through the Priceline express deals (for Jan 4, 1 night)!! I was hoping for this hotel! It's listed as a 3-star in Downtown Fort Lauderdale, and the listed amenities are pool, pets allowed, fitness center and business center. Just wanted you all to know in case you were looking to book this hotel!

What hotels offer, complimentary breakfast and air port and cruise shuttles? I am also looking for something with basic shopping within walking distance so we can pick up pop and wine before the cruise.

Thank you,

Sleep Inn

We would very much like to visit the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens when we stay in Fort Lauderdale next month for a few nights before our cruise. We will not be renting a car and will be at the Renaissance Hotel.

One option would be to take the Water Taxi and walk from the stop at the Galleria. A Map Quest search shows that it is a reasonable walk of about 3/10 of a mile and would take about six minutes. Does anyone know if there is a sidewalk over the Sunrise Blvd Bridge?

Another option may be the Sun Trolley, but it appears that it may involve a transfer. Could anyone give me some advice here?

And while I am at it, would we like to take the Jungle River Queen dinner cruise. I know that it is corny, but we did enjoy it when we did it two years ago. What would be the best way to get from the Renaissance to and from the dock?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!:D

We would very much like to visit the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens when we stay in Fort Lauderdale next month for a few nights before our cruise. We will not be renting a car and will be at the Renaissance Hotel.

One option would be to take the Water Taxi and walk from the stop at the Galleria. A Map Quest search shows that it is a reasonable walk of about 3/10 of a mile and would take about six minutes. Does anyone know if there is a sidewalk over the Sunrise Blvd Bridge?

Another option may be the Sun Trolley, but it appears that it may involve a transfer. Could anyone give me some advice here?

And while I am at it, would we like to take the Jungle River Queen dinner cruise. I know that it is corny, but we did enjoy it when we did it two years ago. What would be the best way to get from the Renaissance to and from the dock?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!:D

Sunrise Blvd is very pedestrian friendly and has sidewalks. You can take the Suntrolley from Ren to Bonnet House and to Jungle Queen without a transfer. The public bus 40 does the same route.

Edited by royalcruz

Sunrise Blvd is very pedestrian friendly and has sidewalks. You can take the Suntrolley from Ren to Bonnet House and to Jungle Queen without a transfer. The public bus 40 does the same route.

Thank you so much for your fast and informative reply. Your advice over the years has been invaluable in assisting us to get the most out of our stays in Fort Lauderdale and at Hollywood Beach. You are terrific!!

Thank you so much for your fast and informative reply. Your advice over the years has been invaluable in assisting us to get the most out of our stays in Fort Lauderdale and at Hollywood Beach. You are terrific!!

You are very welcome! Have fun!:)