What's your favorite thing to do in Antigua?

HeatherC430

We've been to Antigua twice. On our first trip we did a catamaran/snorkeling excursion. On our second trip with the ATV tour and spent the rest of the day at Dickenson Bay Beach. I'm trying to find something different to do on our third visit? Any suggestions? What's been your favorite excursion/tour you've done in Antigua for those who have visited several times.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We rode horses on the back side of the island - Runaway Beach near Sandals - it was phenomenal. I think Carnival was charging $170 pp for a big group tour. We asked when we got on port and someone called Uprising Stables for us. A cab took us out there and we had an hour long private ride for $50 pp (just my hubby and I on Runaway Beach, which was very long and completely empty!). It was magical - total bucket list moment. My horse was named G Man and hubby's was named Christopher Columbus. If you see them, tell G Man Whitney says hi!

We rode horses on the back side of the island - Runaway Beach near Sandals - it was phenomenal. I think Carnival was charging $170 pp for a big group tour. We asked when we got on port and someone called Uprising Stables for us. A cab took us out there and we had an hour long private ride for $50 pp (just my hubby and I on Runaway Beach, which was very long and completely empty!). It was magical - total bucket list moment. My horse was named G Man and hubby's was named Christopher Columbus. If you see them, tell G Man Whitney says hi!

This sounds like a fantastic thing to do! Do you know if you can book this in advance? I tried looking for a website but did not see one. Thanks!

Wendy

Groveland, FL

Enjoyed my tour with Lawrence, but really really loved segwaying provided by Segway Antigua Tours. There isn't a recent thread on CC but check them out on TripAdvisor. Very organized, instructions via video and practice, met at pier, transportation provided, and felt very safe. Groups are small.

Looking forward to a do over!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Enjoyed my tour with Lawrence, but really really loved segwaying provided by Segway Antigua Tours. There isn't a recent thread on CC but check them out on TripAdvisor. Very organized, instructions via video and practice, met at pier, transportation provided, and felt very safe. Groups are small.

Looking forward to a do over!!

We just returned from a cruise that included a stop in Antigua. On a previous cruise we had done a snorkel trip to Bird Island and weren't very impressed. This time we did the Segway Tour - our first. We loved it and would do it again. Great instructors and guides.

Anyway to contact them before our January cruise? I did a google search and couldn't find anything except your review :-) I'd love to do this!

Thanks,

debbie

We've been to Antigua twice. On our first trip we did a catamaran/snorkeling excursion. On our second trip with the ATV tour and spent the rest of the day at Dickenson Bay Beach. I'm trying to find something different to do on our third visit? Any suggestions? What's been your favorite excursion/tour you've done in Antigua for those who have visited several times.

Thanks!

Was the ATV and Beach tour through the ship or private? Who did you use for this?

Thanks!

PS. By the way, we did the Segway tour a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Edited by ValerieJo

• 1 year later...
This sounds like a fantastic thing to do! Do you know if you can book this in advance? I tried looking for a website but did not see one. Thanks!

Wendy

Groveland, FL

Hi Wendy,

I know this is an old thread! But did you manage to get details or go and ride? I am trying to find some info out for when I go in December.