LHR Transit

Francine

We are flying from SAT to IAD next Saturday on United and then again United from IAD to LHR. We have a long layover in LHR and will be waiting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse before our flight to CPT. Will we have to clear security in LHR since we will be in transit? I just thought it would be nice to keep a water bottle with us. I am not sure of the procedure to follow.

Fran

We are flying from SAT to IAD next Saturday on United and then again United from IAD to LHR. We have a long layover in LHR and will be waiting in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse before our flight to CPT. Will we have to clear security in LHR since we will be in transit? I just thought it would be nice to keep a water bottle with us. I am not sure of the procedure to follow.

Fran

You will have to change terminals at LHR and re-clear security (bag x-ray etc.) so the water bottles will need to be empty or tossed.

Gardyloo,

You said it perfectly. Thanks again. We are currently in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse awaiting our flight to Capetown. The walk to get through Terminal 1 to the bus was a very long one. We took the bus to Terminal 3 and then had a very long line to get through security. We also had to check in at the Virgin desk, but that was quick. We still had time to sit and relax and walk through the shops.

Fran

Gardyloo,

You said it perfectly. Thanks again. We are currently in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse awaiting our flight to Capetown. The walk to get through Terminal 1 to the bus was a very long one. We took the bus to Terminal 3 and then had a very long line to get through security. We also had to check in at the Virgin desk, but that was quick. We still had time to sit and relax and walk through the shops.

Fran

Glad it worked out for you. Give my regards to my third favorite city (behind home and Edinburgh.) Grab a meal at the Noon Gun Cafe at the top of the Bo-Kaap hill, for wonderful Cape Malay food and a view of the city that will knock your eyeballs out.

Archived