Port Canaveral: Comfort Inn vs Holiday Inn Express

yonich

I need to book a hotel and transportation to/from hotel and to/from airport before our cruise out of Port Canaveral in February. We're a family of four with two small children (will be ages 2.5 and 6 then) - I'm not looking to spend a fortune for just one night, but will need to get dinner that evening and perhaps swim at hotel pool or walk to beach (how cold in February?). Obviously won't have car, I don't even want to bring our stroller.

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Comfort Inn or the Holiday Inn Express. Both will be similar in cost, but I can get a package at the Comfort Inn for roundtrip transportation to the airport, and at the Holiday Inn Express I will need to book that independently. Both have breakfast included. Total cost for everything pretty similar.

So, with that in mind - which hotel do you prefer and why? Thanks!!

We stayed at Comfort Suites at Cocoa Beach last May and were very pleased. It's an older hotel which has been refurbished. Doors are outside. Breakfast is fantastic. They actually share transport with Hiliday Inn because after cruise our shuttle dropped off there first.

But comfort suites would be an easier walk back to the beach. It's right next door to Ron john. Holiday Inn is across.

Would not hesitate to stay again.

We depart in Dec and I keep looking at places, but go back to comfort inn and suites for the location. I have an almost 2 year old and it's close to Walgreens, restaurants, beach, and surf shop. I think the location seems ideal for people without a car and can't take a can due to the car seat issue. I can't comment until we return but for one night, hopefully it will be decent!