Flexible Dining to Roll Out Fleetwide on Carnival

Carnival announced today it's rolling out a flexible dining plan called Your Choice Dining fleetwide by the end of 2010 -- and we doubt this is an April Fool's hoax. The dining program will let guests choose among early seating, late seating and My Time dining. The latter option lets cruisers dine whenever they want between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

What do you think of this new dining option? Has anyone tried it out on test ships Carnival Legend and Carnival Liberty? Tell us what you think.

Guest TropicOne

I think it is excellent that they are giving guests the choice.I most definitely would go for the My Time dining.

The only part that makes me sad is that I wish they were going to already have this option in place for my upcoming cruise in July! :) I think it's a great idea - I'm looking forward to the flexibility.

We have always opted for the late dining seating because we don't like to feel rushed while we're out exploring the ports....but at the same time, it's just a tad too late because I'm always hungry before 8 pm.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/travel/20090401/AQ9306801042009-1.html

Below is a timetable for the introduction of Your Time open seating throughout the Carnival fleet:

• Already implemented: Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Miracle
  • End of April: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Elation, Carnival Pride
  • Mid-June: Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Spirit
  • Late September: Carnival Dream
  • Mid-October: Carnival Ecstasy
  • Mid-December: Carnival Glory
  • February 2010: Carnival Fascination
  • By summer 2010: Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Victory

Doesn't matter to me. We always choose early traditional and being Platinum, it is a guarantee. Forced into Princess Personal Choice last year and we despised the concept! We go on a cruise for a cruise experience rather than an Olive Garden experience. To each his own.

This will be fine with me. I always pick the late dinner, as I don't want to rush around after being in port just to get ready for dinner. When I'm on vacation I don't want to be tied to a schedule for dinner. I have enough of schedules when I'm at work LOL! Plus I'm not bothered about eating with the same people every night. Not into the group thing LOL and ask to change to a table for two if possible anyway.

i am going to love it. we will be a large family group and will want to dine when it is convenient for us. i have already sighned up for it on my spirit cruise next year. i think it is going too be a good thing. especially since passengers can still choose a certain time to dine if they like.

cool cruiser - not sure how accurate this is because we were told that the Valor will offer the anytime dining on our cruise in May. I had some concerns about it, so contacted my TA and he confirmed it, once again. I sure hope so, because I am looking forward to it too!

Carnival announced today it's rolling out a flexible dining plan called Your Choice Dining fleetwide by the end of 2010 -- and we doubt this is an April Fool's hoax. The dining program will let guests choose among early seating, late seating and My Time dining. The latter option lets cruisers dine whenever they want between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

What do you think of this new dining option? Has anyone tried it out on test ships Carnival Legend and Carnival Liberty? Tell us what you think.

I haven't tried it on Carnival, but DH and I did it on HAL and loved it. It was great to sit with and meet new people every day. We had many very interesting dinners. I don't think it has any effect on service at all. The service was great.

We enjoyed this on the Legend last summer. It is long overdue that Carnival goes to this option.

I'm glad that Carnival is accomodating the wishes of so many who believe they will enjoy the open seating. Congrats to all who have been waiting. I, however, hope that they do continue to offer the traditional times and assigned seating. I dearly love getting to know my tablemates and waitstaff.

Doesn't matter to me. We always choose early traditional and being Platinum, it is a guarantee. Forced into Princess Personal Choice last year and we despised the concept! We go on a cruise for a cruise experience rather than an Olive Garden experience. To each his own.

Hi. I'm not criticizing your opinion, but I am just curious what made it like an Olive Garden experience. On HAL, I found everything exactly the same except for new people each night and a dining at different times each day (if you want).

Guest Crazeecat5

For those of you who have tried Anytime Dining, how does tipping for the waitstaff work? Do you leave a tip after every meal or do you still tip tradionally, from your Sail & Sign account at the beginning of your cruise?

Thanks.

With a group I like traditional because everyone knows what time to meet and we can all get together at a set time. When it is just the 2 of us, I liked Freestyle on NCL, I just wish that it was going to be on the Splendor in Oct!

Archived