Wonderful Jewel of the Seas! 7.12.14

Just a quick note...we had a great time on the Jewel (7/12). Food was excellent, the was ship clean and the service/crew was great all around. We did private tours on the islands with a ship Sunset cruise in Aruba.

St Thomas: Private boat charter -very good

St. Kitts: Thenford Gray tours- very good

Curacao: ATV tour with ATV & Buggy tours-excellent

Aruba: Sonny Binns Tours- excellent

Sunset Cruise via the ship tours-good

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by mandm97

Glad that you had a terrific cruise, I will be sailing that same itinerary in August & can't wait. I understand first formal night is day 2 (St. Thomas). Can you tell me if the 2nd formal night was day 5 (Aruba) or day 6 (Curacao)?

Glad that you had a terrific cruise, I will be sailing that same itinerary in August & can't wait. I understand first formal night is day 2 (St. Thomas). Can you tell me if the 2nd formal night was day 5 (Aruba) or day 6 (Curacao)?

Pattycake...the second formal night was on day 5. That was Curacao for us (they switched Aruba and /curacao on our trip).

Enjoy...you will have a fantastic time!

would love to hear about curacao..please

Anzore, Curacao was beautiful esp. around the port. Def. need to walk on the floating bridge. The ATV tour we took was very good...he is a smaller tour operator and works out his home. He takes you to places that most tours will not take you. Defiantly off the beaten path. Unfortunately you got to see some of the not so glamorous areas of the island. Once you get out of the tourist areas there is ALOT of garbage that people just dump.

Enjoy!

Michele

Can you say which charter you used in St. Thomas? We are on the same itinerary next year, and plan to charter so we can snorkel. Also excited to see ATV option for Curacao. We did ATVs on St. Croix in 2011 and love it!

Our original plans changed....but ended up using Captain Pogan who works for See and Ski rentals out of Red Hook. The original plans were arranged for us by the captain who we hired (he was recommended by my boss), who made the arrangements for us...so we never contacted see and ski ourselves.

The captain we were going with backed out on us but he arranged Captain Pogan for us. If you go with See and Ski ask for Captain Pogan...he really did a great job! Total cost was 545.00 (again agreed upon with the 1st Captain) for boat, captain and gas. There was 5 in our party and I met up with another couple on our roll call which made us a party of 7. He took us to 3 snorkeling spots and then to Water Island for lunch and drinks. A stressful beginning but had a wonderful day in the end! We were supposed to be picked up but when the original Captain backed out we had to take a taxi to Red Hook! Very easy process and cost 10.00 pp. Just walk off the ship and taxis are right there. You can rent snorkeling gear right on the dock. Captain Pogan was able to drop us off in the cruise port so we did not have to take a Taxi back to the ship.

Have fun...

Michele

Mandm, Thanks so much for the info on formal night. One more add'l question if I may. You mentioned they switched the Curacao to (Day 5) and Aruba (Day 6) days on your itinerary. Did they tell you of the switch in ports once on the ship or notify you in advance of your cruise, and did they tell you the reason?. Wondering if they have now changed the itinerary going forward. Reason being, I was planning on eating at a restaurant in Aruba, but if formal night is scheduled for Day 5 (Aruba for us), hubby rather eat on ship. However, if they have now changed the scheduling of the ports and Aruba is day 6 than we can eat in Aruba.

Mandm, Thanks so much for the info on formal night. One more add'l question if I may. You mentioned they switched the Curacao to (Day 5) and Aruba (Day 6) days on your itinerary. Did they tell you of the switch in ports once on the ship or notify you in advance of your cruise, and did they tell you the reason?. Wondering if they have now changed the itinerary going forward. Reason being, I was planning on eating at a restaurant in Aruba, but if formal night is scheduled for Day 5 (Aruba for us), hubby rather eat on ship. However, if they have now changed the scheduling of the ports and Aruba is day 6 than we can eat in Aruba.

Where are you planning to have dinner in Aruba?

Carol