Dress code questions

zhuskers1

Dress code questions-

We are on the City of Lights Cruise in early may on the Longship Odin.

1.) I have been told and read that dress is casual on the boat. Men wear nice slacks and Tommy Bahama style shirts and women wear smart casual. Is that correct?

2.) Captains Dinner - is it the same or do men need sport coats? Women need nice dresses? We are bit confused on this.

Thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dress code questions-

We are on the City of Lights Cruise in early may on the Longship Odin.

1.) I have been told and read that dress is casual on the boat. Men wear nice slacks and Tommy Bahama style shirts and women wear smart casual. Is that correct?

2.) Captains Dinner - is it the same or do men need sport coats? Women need nice dresses? We are bit confused on this.

Thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been on four Viking river cruises and it is very casual. You don't need to dress up for dinner like on the big ships.

Some men take sport coats but not many. The ladies can wear a dress for the Captains Dinner if they want to but I just wear nice slacks and a top as do many others.

You don't need dressy clothes at all. Smart casual is fine.

I love Viking, you will have a great trip.

Travelfirst is spot on.

Some wear jeans, some wear shorts, some wear hats while drinking at the bar......

People tend to dress up a bit at dinner, but not everyone and certainly I've never seen a tuxedo...

Jackets and ties not needed, some wear them most don't, either way no-one is fussed.

Wear what you're comfortable with and you'll be comfortable.

And to echo Travelfirst, I too love being cosseted by Viking, you will have a great trip.

That's a great question. We've been on 6 river cruises with Vantage and we do "dress" up for the Captain's dinner and the farewell dinner. Sport coat and a tie for me and my wife dresses up also. Have found that more that 75% do the same. They are special nights - at least for us. Those nights seems that the staff on the boat really make it a great night. What ever you feel comfortable with. Willard

Viking has NO dress code, either published or implied.

For (any) dinner people dress from extremely casual (the old term was wearing tackies) to dress slacks and a jacket. Dress however you feel most comfortable and be prepared that you may well be at a table with someone from either (or both) of the extremes!

Enjoy your cruise.