Luxembourg ... worth seeing?

Tinky2

We are doing our first river cruise in May with Avalon and have the option of doing a day trip to Luxembourg, if anyone has been is it worth going?

Must thank everyone on CC the threads that I have combed through has given me a wealth of information :D

I was stationed in Germany about one and a half hours from Luxembourg. We enjoyed the city and visited it several times on our own. I would think a trip sponsored by Avalon would be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We visited Luxembourg while on a Viking cruise in October. The first half of the tour was the American cemetery which was really nice to see. Of course the worst 1 hour of weather in our 2 week trip was while we were there,but I didn't mind. When we got to the city, we skipped the guided walk to get some lunch on our own. It had turned into a great sunny day so we took a short walk and just enjoyed sitting in the square.

We visited Luxembourg while on a Viking cruise in October. The first half of the tour was the American cemetery which was really nice to see. Of course the worst 1 hour of weather in our 2 week trip was while we were there' date='but I didn't mind. When we got to the city, we skipped the guided walk to get some lunch on our own. It had turned into a great sunny day so we took a short walk and just enjoyed sitting in the square.[/quote']

General George Patton is buried in that Lux cemetery.

We lived in Germany for four years and have been to Luxembourg twice. It is worth the trip. Luxembourg city still has some of the medieval walls and towers. Also, Viaden is another city on the border with Germany. Trier is an old Roman city in Germany, in the same area that should be visited.

We lived in Germany for four years and have been to Luxembourg twice. It is worth the trip. Luxembourg city still has some of the medieval walls and towers. Also, Viaden is another city on the border with Germany. Trier is an old Roman city in Germany, in the same area that should be visited.

Trier is a stop on our river cruise so I am glad you have mentioned it as well. :)

Ellen