Papillote Interlude?

canadarocks

We've booked the interlude day at the Papillote Wilderness Retreat for our day in Dominica. Good choice?

Haven't visited Papillote itself, but if you go I definitely recommend hopping the short distance to Trafalgar Falls. They may not open to non-tour visitors till after 1 PM, but definitely worth it. Papillote is in a very scenic area.

Haven't visited Papillote itself, but if you go I definitely recommend hopping the short distance to Trafalgar Falls. They may not open to non-tour visitors till after 1 PM, but definitely worth it. Papillote is in a very scenic area.

Thanks, that's a good idea!

• 8 months later...
I'll be there in a few weeks. How did you arrange your trip to Papillote? Any information is appreciated.

I contacted the owner (I believe her name was Mary) to reserve our two spots for the day. She has a taxi driver she uses that came to pick us up at a pre-organized time. We went into the information booth and gave the women there his name, and he came shortly after we got there. Drove us to and from the Papillote for $20 each way, a really nice man whose name I have unfortunately forgotten. There were a lot of guys offering up their taxi services, but I was happy and more comfortable going with her recommended guy. He was there right on time to take us back to the ship.

We had a lovely day at the Papillote. The guided gardens tour was simply wonderful! :cool:

Canadarocks - can you tell us the cost of the interlude day and what it included? Do they have lunch available, changing facilities if you want to use the pools? Thanks.

It was $69 a person (I think?) plus $20 each way for the taxi. That included lunch (3 courses) which was wonderful local food and a drink of our choice (they had amazing juices). There was a very nice cabana building to change in and 4 or 5 different pools ranging in size. The very best part of the day was the tour of the whole area by their garden expert. It was a private tour for just my husband and I and it lasted well over an hour. He was simply phenomenal and knew every inch of that place! :cool:

I arranged with the owner the taxi pickup and return times. She said we could stay as long as we wanted, as they were open until 10pm. We both really enjoyed the Papillote.

Edited by canadarocks

• 3 weeks later...
Canadarocks, i wrote Papillote gardens, but have not received a reply, and my ship sails Saturday. I could find no website or phone. Is it likely to just take a taxi there and spend a few hours?

No I would not just go there without a reservation. We booked what was called the "Papillote Interlude" and that included a private guided gardens tour & a specially prepared luncheon for just the two of us.

The website is here: http://www.papillote.dm/

Phone Number - (767) 448-2287

This the email address that I used: papillote@cwdom.dm