taking bottled water on RCCL??

I haven't cruised Royal in years and am heading back with our kids. We sail Disney normally where you can take drinks on. So I have already read all about the rum runners...lol. but can I take Flavored or regular bottled water on RCCL. My kids don't drink soda and they have a favorite flavored water so I was hoping to take it on. Any luck????

I had my water confiscated last week on the Brilliance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really? When we were on the Oasis in 2012 I brought a case of bottled water on. Had it in a special carry on case I just gave to the Porter when we arrived at port and there was no problem. It appeared in our cabin with our other luggage. :confused: We're sailing again in 2015 on the Adventure and I drink ALOT of water, so I'm hoping that's not the case. :eek: Is this something new? I know all the rules on wine are changing with most of the lines, but that's not a big deal for us ... but I do like my water! :)

Most times, it's allowed, even tho it's specifically stated that they DO NOT allow any beverages (except 2 bottles of wine)....

Bring some...if they take it, oh, well...

Or, bring a powdered version you can mix with ship's water.

Most times, it's allowed, even tho it's specifically stated that they DO NOT allow any beverages (except 2 bottles of wine)....

Bring some...if they take it, oh, well...

Or, bring a powdered version you can mix with ship's water.

That's what I figured. I am driving so I will just leave in my car if there is a problem. Maybe just put it in a rolling bag. My kids will drink the lemonade onboard but would like them drinking more water.

I also drink a ton of water. I have taken a case at a time by just putting a luggage tag on it and adding it to the checked baggage. They've been ok with it on every cruise line I've been on, RCCL being one of them :)

We've never had an issue on any line we've been on (P&O, RCI, Celeb, NCL, Costa). Yes, we've put a carry-on case with the rest of or luggage at embarkation but we've also brought coke cans & bottled water from local stores at some stop offs when we were running low. On one RCI (might have been Navigator but could be wrong) we & others had no problem bringing soda or water back aboard but I did see one guy having a couple of 'clinking' carrier bags of spirits taken off him - he was told he could have it back at the end of the cruise.

I wanted to ask about this too, since we're boarding the Vision on Saturday:

Can we each bring a bottle of wine onboard with a case of water?

We've cruised Carnival a lot recently, and the rule is one bottle of alcohol/adult and a case of water - as long as it's in your carry-on and not your checked luggage.

I can't find the policy online for RCCL - can someone help?

thanks!

In the past, and most recently in January, we have brought on a case of water and have only had one small issue. They called me down to the "naughty" room and asked me to open the bag that I had the case of water in. I did and they said "have a great cruise" and off I went with my water. They told me that because the case was still intact and still sealed around, it was ok????? At $3 a case compared to about $75 on board, I'll try my luck again and again!

I drink ALOT of water as well, I bring the Brita style sports bottle (filter in cap) and refill the two bottles that's supplied in the mini bar every day. At the end of the cruise I'm only charged for 2 bottles of water. Works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I and both of my daughters have a medical condition that causes low blood volume which means we dehydrate easily. I called and my pvp noted the medical condition and said we could each bring a case of water. He said if we had any trouble at boarding to tell them to check our medical. We are sailing carnival. First time cruise and can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...