Vancouver or Seattle?

cruisincarly

Originally, we had several days after our cruise, and were going to spend a day & a half in Vancouver and 2 days in Seattle afterwards. Due to some scheduling changes, we had to cut it short, so that now we have one day to spend post cruise and we can't decide what to do. We're flying out of Seattle in the afternoon the day after our cruise...so the question is, do we spend the rest of our disembarkation day in Vancouver and then head to Seattle the next morning, or do we go directly to Seattle and spend some time there? Anyone have any opinions?

I would have a brief Vancouver look, drive Stanley Park and perhaps consider leaving in the morning. The problem will be boarder delays which is why with an afternoon flight I do not recommend staying in Vancouver. You need to allow about 4 hours for the drive Vancouver/Seattle. Determine which area is of more interest. Both certainly worthwhile.

Being a Vancouverite

I of course (only a little biased) recommend Vancouver!!!

There is lots to see & do here + your dollar goes a lot farther here in Vancouver than in Seattle. On Priceline you can get a 4* hotel right in downtown Vancouver for under $100.

I would recommend that you enjoy the balance of your day after disembarkation touring Vancouver - then the next moring you can grab the "Quick Shuttle" bus which will deliver you from your hotel to the Seattle Airport. An excellent service that I use often.

Sights to see:

Grouse Mountain - http://www.grousemountian.com

Capilano suspension Bridge - http://www.capbridge.com

Stanley park with our excellent aquarium & totem pole park ++++

Gas Town with its sosuvenir shops, steam clock & Storyeum

China Town with its classical Chinese Gardens & the thinnest building in the world

the above is more than a days touring and can all be done using public transit - a day pass costs $8.

Enjoy Vancouver

The problem will be boarder delays which is why with an afternoon flight I do not recommend staying in Vancouver.

I assume that the schedule of buses takes into account the time it takes to cross the boarder, correct? So, if the quick shuttle says it arrives at 11 am, it will arrive at 11 am?

For a honeymoon, I think Vancouver is definitely a more honeymooney destination. However: the absolute #1 coolest souvenir we got from our honeymoon was in Seattle. We went to the Experience Music museum (close to the Needle), and you can put on a mock rock concert, just the two of you. We got 5 copies of our "official" group poster, with a picture of us on stage, drum set, big lights & all, and mock $45 tickets to our concert. Our group name was "The Honeymooners". Both our families got a copy.

I assume that the schedule of buses takes into account the time it takes to cross the boarder, correct? So, if the quick shuttle says it arrives at 11 am, it will arrive at 11 am?

Quick Shuttle does a good job at maintaining a schedule. But Seattle is a very busy airport, requiring at least an hour lead time, especially if you are leaving from the S terminal. :)

Archived