St Vincent Villa Beach

Eveshamgirl

Hi all

I've been to St Vincent before but have never visited this beach? Has anyone been? Is it worth going to? I understand it can be busy but is the swimming ok and are there a bar to have a rum punch in - have looked on You Tube but the only bar was in a hotel and stated guests only???

Thanks in advance :D

• 2 months later...
Hi all

I've been to St Vincent before but have never visited this beach? Has anyone been? Is it worth going to? I understand it can be busy but is the swimming ok and are there a bar to have a rum punch in - have looked on You Tube but the only bar was in a hotel and stated guests only???

Thanks in advance :D

Hi, this beach is not worth the effort. It is very narrow and the qualitity of the sunbeds is awful. Possibly the worst beach in the Caribbean:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, this beach is not worth the effort. It is very narrow and the qualitity of the sunbeds is awful. Possibly the worst beach in the Caribbean:eek:

No I have been to far worse, if you count pestering vendors and flaunting hoes as negatives.

Look, St Vincent does not have the expansive, sauntering, beach chairs and umbrella culture of some other islands. The mountians run right down to the sea in St Vincent, so the beaches are all small, in small coves. Beaches close to Kingstown (like Villa and Indian Bay) are small, choked with moored sailing vessels, and with lots of small boat traffic. Not a nice swimming and beach experience.

Forget the beach in St Vincent - that's not the thing. Turn your back to the beach and now what do you see? A beautiful island with sweet people and many things to explore on land.

• 1 month later...

We went to this beach one day last week since the taxi driver said it was the best one for snorkeling. We were a little concerned at first----lots of local families and local young adults hanging out (it was their spring break week). One young man warned us of thieves and said he would sit with our stuff. After my husband visited with him for quite awhile, he trusted him and we went snorkeling. It was pretty good---especially way over by the big rocks in the water. The young man sat with our stuff for over 2 hours and we tipped him. I also dropped my underwater camera while putting my snorkel mask on and didn't realize I'd dropped it. A young lady with a child alerted me of that and I was able to retrieve it. There was also a lady there in a uniform that had something like Tourist Police on it who was there also watching over tourists' stuff. As mentioned before, the beach is not wide, but there is some interesting snorkeling there and the views out to the water is really nice. I'll be posting a blog with lots of pictures from this cruise in the near future. There isn't really a bar there, but there was a tent with someone selling drinks and even the tourist police had a truck with some drinks and snacks for sell out of the back of it. If you're just interested in swimming, it's a great place to swim, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am visiting St Vincent for one day soon and am interested in heading to a beach where it is safe to swim. Does anybody have any experience of catching a bus / taxi to the beach and an idea of cost please? Any info welcome. Thank you:)

• 1 month later...